Pequod

Bringing up the Rear

Watching up my driveway for the truck to roll up. Saw him park on the street (the slope of our driveway tends scare large trucks from entering), so heading out to meet him.

IMG_1408.jpg

There it is...behind some other cargo. Bringing the accessory and charcoal palette first. Thanks for the extra coffee char, Dennis!

IMG_1410.jpg

The first palette is in the garage.

IMG_1415.jpg

Delivery driver was hilarious -- said it was his third KK delivery this year, so had a lot of questions. He also knew how heavy it was, so was looking down the driveway and hating that slope at the top. Our house is behind the trees...way down in the holler.

IMG_1411.jpg

With my help, he backed partway down the driveway and got himself into a comfortable spot. What could it be??  Why...it's a major award!

Fragile´...must be Italian!

IMG_1414.jpg

Got the crate off.

IMG_1416.jpg

Opened 'er up to remove all the goodies.

IMG_1417.jpg

It's indescribably beautiful!

Ready to roll down the ramp...except we have a palette on palette situation, and the ramp only goes so far...  Hmmm...well, my daughter's burly friends arrive at 4, so we'll get a little help to move 'er out from here.  Stay tuned...

IMG_1418.jpg

Edited by HalfSmoke
  • Like 5

hopefully they are really strong dudes.  I would assume pushing the top pallet to the side and having a one side angle to the ground.  Have two guys holding it from tipping then slowly dragging the bottom pallet out on the other side?  

Or 

You will need some 2x4s and run them through the blue rope.  Make sure one person is holding onto the KK to keep it steady as you lift it up

Turned out I only needed one burly dude, myself, and my two daughters. We removed the lid and hauled that to the back first. Also removed the firebox halves. Made it as light as possible. Since I had 4 half-size sheets of plywood to roll over the lawn with, stood the ramp from the crate on the lower palette to get to the edge of the upper palette, then laid one of my half sheets over that.  Worked like a charm. Daughters kept the plywood rolling to the front and we were down to the back in no time with 1 burly mon and me. Here it is deployed.

Twins, separated at...hold on a sec...something not right...

IMG_1420.jpg

Better.  MUCH better. 

A Babe in the Woods.

IMG_1422.jpg

IMG_1423.jpg

• Like 3

A question for y'all:  A few pebbles are loose on the edge of the lid. Not too worried. Planning to do my burn in tomorrow. What's the best procedure for reattaching the pebbles? I'm thinking I'd use some of the spare grout as it's cooling following burn-in. What say you?

I have heard of loose tiles when people take the lid off and rest it on the ground.  Likely what happened here??  How many have come loose?

I believe the best thing is to go to the depot and get permatex.  Someone correct me if I am wrong here?  Ckreef or Dennis will chime in soon

20 minutes ago, bosco said:

I have heard of loose tiles when people take the lid off and rest it on the ground.  Likely what happened here??  How many have come loose?

I believe the best thing is to go to the depot and get permatex.  Someone correct me if I am wrong here?  Ckreef or Dennis will chime in soon

Quite possibly what happened. Three are loose. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.