skreef

Grilled Mahi Steaks with Citrus Gremolata Drizzle with Akorn squash

I chose Italy for my Fed in the Med Cook

I decided I wanted to cook Fish for my Challenge. So our Kroger had Mahi at a decent Price. Didn't really know Excactly what I wanted to do with it ... But I'm one of them that will figure it out later. Lol...

0a7ec353496fa55cd1edc58407a8ad0c.jpg

First off I got busy to find out what kind of drizzle sauce that would be great on fish.. Naturally for me its lemon. Got on web to find a great sauce that I thought we would like. So I pick Citrus Gremolata, (which originated in Italy.. Thats how I decided which Country).

Ingredients for Gremolata

(as you can tell, very minimal ingredients) which I Love. I mixed all ingredients together so all flavors come together. Lemon was for zest only. Along with Orange zest. Recipe calls for a lime zest too.. But didn't have it. So I use lime juice instead.

f1158328a2156f3c9042fc004b5ff069.jpg

I chose a Akorn squash for my side. Akorn squash really originated in Mexico and central America.. But in this day and time Akorn squash's are commercially grown in Italy as well as a few more country's.

I cut them in half and scoop all the seeds out. I kept some of the Akorn squash seeds. Hoping to dry them out for later use.

cbc78f4a53d8f35ad5ed6644d98c6933.jpg

Akorn squash on Grill @400 indirect for bout 45 minutes

1058c17a8c8c8b19b261c917db766b04.jpg

Ckreef had our starch covered(Rice) which was my first choice, but since we decided to eat our Challenge cooks on the same night, I opt to just make my Akorn squash a simple side which they might actually like. So I needed to find the right something and that something was a brown sugar glaze.

Brown Sugar Glaze Ingredients

I melted down all the ingredients along with butter (which I forgot to add to pic, 1/4 cup.

b611e014f9d2c7341b9073dd8157ea3d.jpg

Brush the Akorn squash with Glaze and grill them another 15 mins

cefc9cfc16f3348fa1a11299e90e374c.jpg

Next it was time to put my fish on

I just added seasalt.. Didn't want to add other seasoning to get in the way of my Citrus Gremolata flavors. I put them on Grill Grates @ 500 for about 8 minutes total time.

a37ba466b44fde2378768d06aa10e489.jpg

So I have all my components ready

Fish-check

Gremolata-check

Akorn squash done and glazed - check

My Money (cheap) shot

Cheap cause it was bout $6 a plate. Loving it. And O So good...

961fbe10a1487375eaee0c3747cba6d5.jpg

• Like 4

Susan - beautifully done cook!  I love fish (sans the head!) and this fills the bill.  And you simply can't beat Acorn Squash cooked any where and any way.  Great cook all around!  Kudos to you!

Thank you CC. This really was my first time eating a Akorn squash.. I really enjoyed it.

Mrs. Reef's Bistro

• Like 1