dstr8

Ratatouille Pizza

So, its August and the time of year when zucchini plants are in hyper-drive.   What could be worse than a saute of onions, fresh young zucchini, garlic, ripe tomatoes along with a kiss of dry sherry turned into the base for a Neapolitan pizza?   Exactly:  Nothing!

A few rounds of Calabrese sausage a friend and cafe owner here in Reno made (Calafuria) atop a thick layer of ratatouille along with browned shiitake mushrooms and covered with a mix of whole milk mozzarella and apple wood smoked provolone.   Oh yeah, and a drizzle of EVO then baked over Dennis' CoffeeChar lump; thanks again @Bruce Pearson!  

IMG_7559.JPG

IMG_0324.JPG

IMG_2306.JPG

IMG_5023 3.JPG

IMG_7423.JPG

Edited by dstr8
  • Like 5

Thank you Stile88!    I still can't believe, even after quite a few Neapolitan pizza bakes on it, how much better/easier it is using the 3/8" baking steel (can't wait until Dennis has his ready to sell!) than even Dennis' thick stone.   I'm getting great results at 150-200F degrees lower temp...and the lump savings from less heat too ;).

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, dstr8 said:

Thank you Stile88!    I still can't believe, even after quite a few Neapolitan pizza bakes on it, how much better/easier it is using the 3/8" baking steel (can't wait until Dennis has his ready to sell!) than even Dennis' thick stone.   I'm getting great results at 150-200F degrees lower temp...and the lump savings from less heat too ;).

I cant wait either till dennis is ready to release the steel who can argue with those results especially at those temps 

• Like 1