2 pork tenderloin 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lbs each, cut into thick medallions

Marinade:
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
4 cloves garlic minced
2 lemon juiced
2 tablespoon dried oregano
2 tablespoon kosher salt

Directions:

Marinate the medallions for 6-8 hours. Skewer and Grill.

Note:

I've also substituted 1/4 cup of Dizzy Pig Mediterranean'ish for the oregano and salt with good results.

Serve with Tzatziki.

2014-09-03 17.56.10.jpg

Edited by HalfSmoke
  • Like 2

Wow...that looks super deelish!    Love Greek food...and since we really don't have any good Greek restaurants in Northern Nevada I make my own too.   Normally I make Souvlaki and am not familiar with Souflima!   Any idea what the difference is between the two pork skewer dishes?

I'm not Greek, so probably off base, but my understanding is both have a lemon and olive oil base for the marinade. Souflima is more of a straight up Pork Kabob with a lot of garlic, oregano and salt. Souvlaki is a kabob with pork (or chicken) and veg, may be lighter on the oregano and salt, and probably has other components to the marinade.  That's a wild guess.

Edited by HalfSmoke
  • Like 1

Tried this - OMG!!! Seriously good. So simple and yet, sooooo tasty!

Instead of medallions, I cut the pork tenderloin into 3/8" thick strips and skewered them after 6 hours of marinade. I tweeked the recipe a bit - used limes vs lemons (what I had on hand), augmented the oregano with Penzey's Greek seasoning.  Direct, on the lower grill @ 400F for about 15 minutes total - turned every 5 minutes. Served with homemade tzatziki sauce. Leftovers will be a nice lunch sandwich tomorrow!

• Like 1