churchi

Forum Skin Upgraded | 2016-08-29 | IPB: 4.1.14.2

Hi All,

I have upgraded the forum skin to the latest this evening. There may be some small issues as the template contained quite a few changes as we have jumped up a number of versions. So please report if you think there is any issues with the skin.

The main issue is the logo at the top which i will post a support ticked with the skin vendor. Hope to have that fixed soon.

Cheers.

Ok great thanks @HalfSmoke and @KevinD for the feedback.

I have enabled the old skin for you to test with.

Would you open up the site on your iPad and down the bottom of the screen (may be easier to see on your desktop first) you can find a section on the bottom right hand side that says "Theme". Can you select the older 4.1.11 theme, reload the page/tab and test for me?

Also can you try chrome or something different to safari on your iPad please.

Let me know.

Thanks

Thanks for the head up @cschaaf. Would you mind testing what i have posted in the thread above to the others about the theme. If it indeed a theme issue then i can roll back to the older one and see if thats better till the developer can get it fixed.

Let me know and sorry for the inconvenience.

@churchi  -   I was able to roll back to the earlier skin version and performance returned to normal for me on the iPad while using Safari.  I signed out of the forum and closed the Safari browser and then launched Chrome.  I tried to access the forum site but after 90 seconds I gave up as the site never loaded...

I hope this information helps out...

Thanks @KevinD. So just so i have it clean in my head, You are saying the older skin worked without issues even when you signed out and back in? Or once you signed out on the old skin and back in it was bad again?

Trying to work out whether its the skin or the latest upgrade on the forum.

Thanks mate.

10 hours ago, churchi said:

Thanks for the head up @cschaaf. Would you mind testing what i have posted in the thread above to the others about the theme. If it indeed a theme issue then i can roll back to the older one and see if thats better till the developer can get it fixed.

Let me know and sorry for the inconvenience.

I loaded up the page in Chrome and it took about 20 minutes before I was able to scroll to the bottom. It freezes up Chrome so you can't click anything or scroll. 

Once I was able to start scrolling, it took another minute or so before it would let me get to the bottom. I clicked 'Theme' then chose the old theme. It took about 5 more minutes to replay the page, then everything worked fine. 

This is post was made in Chrome using the old theme.

Thanks!

Using Chrome, the experience changed slightly, but it still poor. Now, the page loads pretty quickly and I can scroll almost immediately. But, as soon as I scroll, it freezes again.

Previously, it would freeze upon loading and I couldn't scroll.

To give you an idea of how long it freezes - I started at 8:18 and was finally able to get it back to the old skin at 9:12. So it took just under an hour to complete the following:

1. Loaded page (still had the old skin selected)
  2. Scrolled and switched to the new skin - waited through a freeze cycle
  3. Cleared cache
  4. Closed and re-opened Chrome - page loaded right up, then I scrolled
  5. Waited through the freeze
  6. Switched back to the old skin - page came right up.

Since the site seems to leave me in the old skin when I sign out and back in I changed the version to the "new version" and spent over an hour waiting for the site to come change and allow me to sign out. ..

When the site finally responded I have to be honest, I said to myself, "screw this mess", and I changed the skin back to the prior version without doing any of what you asked.  

Sorry...