churchi

Chipped around the lid of my 32". Quick question about it

In the factory, we take all grills to over 1,000ºf during the build process.  This created the tears/expansion crazing as it's called in the business.

We then coat the lip covering the tears with the black powder grout material.  All material moves when heated.. it's just more obvious the hotter you get.  No reason to try to close the tears with the repair kit they will just keep opening again.  They are only cosmetic, just like the inside of your grill turning black they are a result of use. 

On 10/13/2016 at 11:55 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

In the factory, we take all grills to over 1,000ºf during the build process.  This created the tears/expansion crazing as it's called in the business.

We then coat the lip covering the tears with the black powder grout material.  All material moves when heated.. it's just more obvious the hotter you get.  No reason to try to close the tears with the repair kit they will just keep opening again.  They are only cosmetic, just like the inside of your grill turning black they are a result of use. 

i still want the lip grout when you get a chance and can you please find out when my cover is coming to me perhaps this lip covering can go in as well i hope i get this cover before the snow files i am kinda worried on that

6 hours ago, Stile88 said:

i still want the lip grout when you get a chance and can you please find out when my cover is coming to me perhaps this lip covering can go in as well i hope i get this cover before the snow files i am kinda worried on that

HELP..
Please send all requests to [email protected]  and never in a post in the forum.  Impossible to keep track/search for them in the forum.  All customer service needs/requests and orders need to be in email form.