bernux

Rotisserie question

I don't know if I missed something but the rotisserie kit is 2 or 3 millimeters too long to be able to put it in the kk's right hole

cafc8700bbc9d53cc0247c0c53b42d52.jpg

17c864c32c0519d12948b47352a64953.jpg

Any help would be really appreciated because I start to think that I'll have to cut the screw thread of the second part of left one

I had cooked on mine for several years before getting the basket, so I followed Dennis' suggestion and squirted some WD-40 in there to loosen the gunk up. That freed up the spring, but I still had the same problem you guys do, my square rod was about 1/4" too long. Had my neighbor shave it down with his Dremel. Fits like a glove now. He said that it was fairly soft to cut and wasn't a big problem.

I certainly cannot speak for all but in my case I definitely had to cut the right side bolt/shaft down in order to insert into the right side wall of the KK.  In fact I had to do it twice because I have the large roti basket with the reducer and the first cut I made was based upon the center mount (for use w/o reducer).  So that worked just fine and then for the heck of it I tried the other fitting meant to be used with the reducer in place and found that my bolt/shaft was too long to fit in that use configuration.  Clearly there was an issue with the depth of the basket sockets for lack of a better way to phrase it.

• Like 1

I'll be honest, I see all these posts with different rotisserie problems. For the most part my rotisserie setup went together and worked straight out of the gate. The only thing I needed to do was loc-tite the connections. Hasn't given me any problems since.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk