Pequod

Rotisserie Pin Help!

Okay...how does this thing work?  I'm talking about the pin that goes from square inside the motor into a hex port on the KK.  The one below. When the motor spins, the two parts unscrew themselves. Also, the threads from the hex part that insert into the square part seem to be wrong. I can pull the pieces apart without unscrewing. Nothing is stripped. But the two halves don't seem to match.

IMG_1444.jpg

• Like 1

They shouldn't pull apart. Are you sure you're using the correct hex part. Double check to make sure there are no others in the kit.
You should only need one nut and washer. That is a binding nut. Once you have the correct length you tighten down the nut. I would also suggest using blue loc-tite on those threads and tighten the nut down as much as possible with adjustable wrenches.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Best to get one of the solid shafts.. Those adjustable shafts were for the non-adjustable brackets. No that we have the adjustable bracket the solid shaft is the way to go.  

Please send us an email and request one..  [email protected]

Done. Also sent you email and the WhatsApp video on this yesterday...just to help you correlate the two emails.

2 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Best to get one of the solid shafts.. Those adjustable shafts were for the non-adjustable brackets. No that we have the adjustable bracket the solid shaft is the way to go.  

Please send us an email and request one..  [email protected]

Are those solid shafts deliberately made long? I had to cut mine about 1/4" to size it to the length that my adjustable one seemed to work. Just finished a rotisserie cook for the first time using the new solid shaft and it worked much better.

1 minute ago, bernux said:

Thanks@HalfSmoke I thought you were talking of an adjustable bracket for the motor. Because the ones I can see in some YouTube videos are not the same as mine.
My rotisserie doesn't have the 2 positions for the shaft, maybe it's no more needed.

The adjustable bracket is the motor mount you see toward the end of the video that allows you to mount the motor and shaft tilted away from the grill, and then tightened by wing nuts as you insert the shaft into the grill. Per Dennis above, the drive shaft with this bracket can be solid vice the adjustable one at the top of this thread. In my case, I have the adjustable motor bracket, but my adjustable drive shaft doesn't work because the male (hex) and female (square) parts are different diameters. I can pull them apart without screwing. If your rotisserie basket doesn't have two shaft positions, then you probably have a basket without a reducer. I have an 8" basket with 6" reducer, so which position I use (so I'm told...haven't been able to use it yet due to the drive shaft issue) depends on whether I'm using the reducer or not.

Interesting on the basket. My basket definitely has the two shaft positions shown in the video and came with the adjustable bracket. Not sure why the difference between our two setups. You also have a 23", correct?

Yep the 23
here are all the parts of my rotisserie puzzle
ef4fb0ed0fcb2a56c2ee6e358c2b3aac.jpg

Wow. So you definitely don't have the adjustable bracket that I did get, but you do have the solid drive shaft I didn't get, as well as the adjustable drive shaft. No idea about the single shaft position on your basket, whether that's an updated design or earlier design than mine. It does match the picture on the KK store website, though.