Aussie Ora

Ribs

Done some ribs yesterday I used the the extender rack flipped over and sat the double drip pan on that as a deflector the pan will not fit on the lower grate might have to bend the handles back anyway ready to go on 7e4a314abc4e44744b7f7f4e0717cb29.jpgand looking great c0294299907aaa3bdbe3fd623ec76b1b.jpgno more pics sorry had my friend over for a few drinks say no more lol. Was really impressed with the ribs. My friend has eaten alot of food off my classic and said you can tell the difference

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 2

I may need a bigger sink to clean the drip pan lol the laundry trough done the trick. Made a rookie mistake last night thought I had turned the right side air vent closed but the smallest hole was letting air in this morning I noticed Ora was still warm the charcoal was still going but there was no reading on the gage. No big issue live and learn. Also noticed I had been turning it the wrong way and was starting to get loose lol. I tighten everything up and am good to go

Aussie;

I just finished working on my vent knobs. if you take the vent plate out and you will see a spring a flat washer and two nuts. One of those nuts is a lock nut. What I did was take it apart then hand tighten the wood knob to the round plate add lock tight if you have it. then put the knob and plate back into the vent plate itself install spring washer and nut and adjust to the tightnest to your liking then add the lock nut and tighten it. I did it to both the vents. Just as a side note while i had it apart I noticed the the round plates had a sharp edge that was cutting very slightly into the main vent plate so I sanded the edges down. Hope this is a help.

• Like 1

Aussie;

I just finished working on my vent knobs. if you take the vent plate out and you will see a spring a flat washer and two nuts. One of those nuts is a lock nut. What I did was take it apart then hand tighten the wood knob to the round plate add lock tight if you have it. then put the knob and plate back into the vent plate itself install spring washer and nut and adjust to the tightnest to your liking then add the lock nut and tighten it. I did it to both the vents. Just as a side note while i had it apart I noticed the the round plates had a sharp edge that was cutting very slightly into the main vent plate so I sanded the edges down. Hope this is a help.

Cheers for the info Bruce I appreciate it