MacKenzie

Avocado Breakfast

This was a new idea to me and it was fun.

Cut the avocado in half remove the seed and some of the pulp. The plan was to add an egg and some cheese but my extra large eggs are too big so into one half went the cheese, the yoke and a little egg white and into the other half some cheese and most of the rest of the egg white.

Baked on the KK at 350F for about 45 mins. to an hour. During the cook did a couple of slices of bacon.

Avocado Eggs 1.jpg

Bacon is done.

Bacon From KK.jpg

Starting to build breakfast.

Breakfast is Coming.jpg

Avocado Eggs.jpg

Breakfast is served.

Breakfast is Served.jpg

Egg Avocado Breakfast From Grill.jpg

Avocado Bacon.jpg

• Like 5

This all looks very tasty but I'm thinking it was probably a bit rich and so a little bit goes a long way. There is nothing like a wonderfully ripe avocado!  One of my in-laws has an old avocado tree and when those avocados start dropping I am in heaven!

If my avocado is really good (as mentioned above), I think my favorite way to have it is just scooped out of the skin and sliced thinly, slices fanned out, sprinkled with just a little bit of salt, maybe some freshly ground black pepper and a drizzle of lemon juice...