cruzmisl

More rotiserie chicken

Well, just pulled another bird off the rotisserie. I find that by loading the KK up with lump, letting the lump fully ignite and then piling it up on the back of the cooker significantly reduces smoke and it'a a lot less work. Grease drips down on the ashes. Also for this 3lb bird I cooked it at a pretty high 550f. This yields a beautiful skin as you can see. Any lower and the skin can be a bit rubbery.

Just thought I'd share my technique.

chicken.jpg

chicken1.jpg

Man that chicken looks good. I had one last night from Publix and it could not hold a candle to yours! I cannot wait to have my own rotisserie chicken!

Just curious about something; how much room do you have on each side of that rotisserie? You have the 6" cradle right? I am thinking of getting mine a little longer as it looks like a couple more inches might fit in there? How much longer do you think would still work and slide in the holes properly?

-=Jasen=-

Re: So now the confusion sets in

What do we order from Dennis and what size rod do we order from EZQ?

If I have this right we need to order a rod adapter from Dennis.

Order motor, rod (which size), and baskets from EZQ.

Correct ... yes/no

John

Hello! I edited the posts above; the 17.5" is what Dennis recommends, not a 21.5". So the info in this post or the following link, is correct ( http://www.komodokamado.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=704 ). Sorry if I added to any confusions in my discussion above when I mentioned seeing possible room for a bigger cradle. Dennis' kit fits the 17.5", so anything different would not work with his kit. Though if any of you with a rotisserie get a chance, I would still be interested in a measurement of the additional space since I like to tinker anyway - hehe.

Thanks,

-=Jasen=-

This information still needs to get summarized in a single location' date=' as it has come up a couple of times within the forum and when the correct information gets posted it seems to eventually get lost in the thread.[/quote']

It is, just click on that link in my last post and that has all the info on it, and it is stickied to the top of the KK 411 forum.

Though when Dennis finishes his new web site, I am sure this type of info will be available there.

-=Jasen=-