Pequod

Pizza Time

5 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

The dough looks like it bubbled up nicely and you are so lucky to have a source of fresh mozzarella so handy. :) I'm lucky if I can find any even that which is shipped in from afar.

Given all your other culinary skills, MacKenzie, I'm shocked you aren't making your own Mozzerella? :shock:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tony b said:

Given all your other culinary skills, MacKenzie, I'm shocked you aren't making your own Mozzerella? :shock:

I have made my own mozzarella. Not that hard once you've done it. Best use for it, though, is to serve immediately with some charcuterie, drizzled with excellent olive oil and aged balsamic. 

^ the key (for the benefit of Stephen and other new KK owners embarking on baking) with pizza baking on the KK is to start heat soaking the KK at least an hour (or more) in advance of your bake.  Getting the dome to radiate heat back to the top of the pie balances the much hotter, bottom fire source, stone/steel/crust.   And when peeking at the pie during baking, only raise the lid as much as needed to get a glimpse of what is happening ... preserve that heat bubble!

Edited by dstr8
  • Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.