Pequod

Pizza Time

Just now, FotonDrv said:

What temperature were you using HalfSmoke?  I suppose it varies with crust thickness but let me know if I am not thinking straight, lease :-)

I typically do pizza at 550, heat soaked for at least an hour as @dstr8 described. Works great. You should be able to do two at a time on the 32.

• Like 1

Using Dennis's thoughts about the different stones for different thickness pizzas' I tried this.  But, once again I screwed up the dough by trying a store bought pizza dough from Trader Joe's.  End result, it tasted like bread dough...

Tried a different delivery system which failed miserably.  Trying to slide the dough onto the stone from tin foil :-(

IMG_2872.JPG

I usually use either a pizza screen or more often parchment paper, both will make the delivery to the stone very easy.

I make my own dough and it is quite easy, here is a link to the recipe-

http://komodokamadoforum.com/topic/5539-pizza-dough-recipe-from-mackenzie/#comment-52902

Edited by MacKenzie

Nope. Just ordinary baking parchment paper you find at the supermarket will do. I cut mine to size after shaping the dough so there isn't a lot of overhang. Just leave enough to grab with your fingers to slide off the peel. 

For pizza dough, take a look at @ckreef's no knead tutorial. Super easy. 

It doesn't give dimensions, but I'm guessing that the top pizza wouldn't be any closer to the dome than the KK stone on the upper grate. It might even be a tad lower, if you had to place the stack on the lower grate to get the lid to close. 

Just looked interesting to me like most things you never know until you give it a go

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, FotonDrv said:

Using Dennis's thoughts about the different stones for different thickness pizzas' I tried this.  But, once again I screwed up the dough by trying a store bought pizza dough from Trader Joe's.  End rfesult, it tasted like bread dough...

Tried a different delivery system which failed miserably.  Trying to slide the dough onto the stone from tin foil :-(

IMG_2872.JPG

It's not the thickness but the density of the material.. The heat deflector is the same hot face material that the grills use.
That being said, it does also need thickness to have the mass to be used as a heat sink and not cool off when you throw pies on it.

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.