ckreef

Kraft Paper Question

What about plain brown kraft paper. I know it's technically not "food grade" but it doesn't have a coating. I just can't see where a minute amount of other chemicals left over from the manufacturering process is going to get on or in a brisket especially since the brisket is expelling liquid not sucking it up. I use this as a larger disposable table cloth when eating crab legs and I'm sure I've dropped crab meat on it then ate the said crab meat. Not dead yet - LOL 

Any thoughts on using this for a brisket. 

You go for it mate I will understand if I don't hear from you lol. But seriously I don't see it being a problem is the paper similar to the take away bags like Mac Donald's I found this http://www.food.com/recipe/steak-in-a-bag-59712?photo=260058. Worth a shot if your thinking it's cheaper than butchers

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

I don't know about that link.  Seemed more like an advertisement in the end with no real facts in the body. 

Just sayin' you better check on what you use first to make sure it's safe for food. This is the company that makes the pink butcher paper that I use, so they have a vested interest, I suppose. 

18 minutes ago, billg71 said:

Kraft papers are wet strength papers, check out the link and decide for yourself if you want the chemicals  that go into making it in your food. Personally, I'm not a big fan of urea or formaldehyde. YMMV.

I went to that link. Tissue paper has those such chemicals in it. When I followed the tissue paper link that refers to facial tissue, toilet paper, paper towels etc....  So basically you are already exposing yourself to those chemicals on a daily basis. I don't eat toilet paper, I won't eat the kraft paper and I don't live in CA.

2 hours ago, qundoy said:

I have used all the praw-ducts (*&^%&&) in this sewing string list ( tic, blink blink, tic) at one time or maybe more (^*^%&^) and have no note is able side a.aaafecks (tic, blink blink, tic)

Kook on KKers

StSteve   

I've looked at your previous posts (which seem legit)  but this post seems like spaming or something. 

What gives?