bosco

A sneak peak

ok here we go.  tortellini braised short rib marsala.  This was honestly my top pasta dish that I have ever prepared.  It is packed with flavour and absolutely incredible.  Very happy with the way that it turned out.  Can't wait to have leftovers for lunch tomorrow.  

I browned some short ribs and got the pot nice and dirty.  Then added onion, carrot, garlic, thyme and basil.  then I poured in marsala wine and reduced the alcohol.  Then I added diced tomato and broth to the mix and some flour to thicken things up.   

_DSC2060.jpg_DSC2066.jpg

I microwaved the bones to get them heated for the pot

_DSC2069.jpg_DSC2071.jpg

then I added the marsala wine

_DSC2079.jpg

_DSC2077.jpg_DSC2082.jpg_DSC2083.jpg

onto the KK at 250 degrees with the smoking pot down below with 2 chunks of white oak

_DSC2086.jpg_DSC2087.jpg

I smoked with the lid off the dutch oven for 3 hours then put lid on for 2.  Brought the dutch in and sliced up the beef.  It was incredibly tender

_DSC2088.jpg

sliced up some portobello mushroom

_DSC2089.jpg

_DSC2090.jpg

Next I boiled some fresh hand stuffed cheese tortellini.  

_DSC2092.jpg

And then mixed everything up

_DSC2093.jpg

plated the meal and garnished with fresh graded parmesan cheese and diced vine tomato

_DSC2097.jpg_DSC2108.jpg

Because this was a beef cook, I made the boys beef hotdogs lol so that I stayed focused on this months challenge cook

_DSC2063.jpg

• Like 6