ckreef

Switching Between WYSIWYG and Code Editors

There is an option in this software to allow you to switch between WYSIWYG editor and code editor mode. Once enabled there is a little "source" button in the upper left corner in edit mode next to "B"  (bold). Clicking that switches between the two modes. I believe if that option was enabled  you could go into your post and remove the code that is pulling up those extra pictures that don't want to go away. 

@churchi maybe you can look into enabling that option. Kamado Guru (running this software) has that option enabled. I've used it recently over there to fix a trouble some post that had a funky link that couldn't be removed in the WYSIWYG editor. 

If it was me i wouldnt allow the source code button doing so allows malicious hacking to insert code in that field i do realize it does fix the issue but to me there has to be a better way 

If staff has this power perhaps that is way to go but puts more duties on staff members who can delete or take the code out with this method 

I dont think guru site realize this could be an issue down line 

Is it really that malicious when the only code you're changing is the raw code for that one particular post. 

A malicious  link can easily be inserted and masked as a legitimate link in the WYSIWYG editor. 

Nobody else seems to be able to come up with a solution to remove unwanted pictures or bad links in a post. Maybe that option can be turned on for moderators and administrators only. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

Is it really that malicious when the only code you're changing is the raw code for that one particular post. 

A malicious  link can easily be inserted and masked as a legitimate link in the WYSIWYG editor. 

Nobody else seems to be able to come up with a solution to remove unwanted pictures or bad links in a post. Maybe that option can be turned on for moderators and administrators only. 

No no its not malicious for you ck its what the hackers will put in that is or will be malicious 

Yes you are correct its a good work around i just see it as a big security risk 

Yes if churchi turns this on for staff only that would be the way i would go with it 

• Like 1