JohnFromChicago

Another Happy Camper + Happy Wife

Hello All,

A few years ago I was at a friend's for dinner and had my first exposure to a ceramic cooker - he is a BGE owner and loves it. I knew then that my next grill purchase would probably be a BGE. For years my wife and I have been using a Weber and had switched exclusively to lump fuel. We never really had an overwhelming need to replace it, but a combination of an urge to upgrade and some extra cash set me on the road to finally get the BGE.

As with most large purchases, I started with research on the web and quickly found that the BGE wasn't the only game in town. As all of you already know, once you start to weigh the pros and cons of the available cookers and compare the KK's specs it becomes an easy decision. This forum in particular gave me enough confidence that my money would be safe, my order would be filled, and any support issues would be resolved.

After exchanging an email or two with Dennis regarding availability we placed an order for one of the OTB Supremes that was still available in transit. Dennis provided payment instructions, a wire was sent, and a fax appeared with delivery instructions a few weeks later right on schedule via UPS freight.

Delivery was on schedule, quick and easy. The UPS delivery guy was really intrigued - they had a bet going in the shipping department that it was a vase of some sort. The neighbors were eager to help me get it uncrated and moved into position - everyone was curious. Not a scratch on it after the long journey - just some dust.

So far we've tried burgers, pork tenderloin, steaks, chicken, and a few pizzas. Everything we've tried has been great - especially the pizzas.

If you are on the fence about making your purchase maybe this post (and the others like it in this forum) can help ease your fears. The product, delivery process, and customer service are as advertised - best available! I'd be happy to show our KK to anyone in the area and help promote the product in any way I can. It is one of those rare products that creates evangelists! This forum is full of valuable pre- and post-sales info and I think that it's the best testament there is to the quality of the product and service.

Go Bears!

Chubby.jpg