Sharon

Waiting on my 22" Hi-Cap this week!

Sharon, I hope you get that internet under your control. I live in the boonies and know what it's like but recently my internet provider up grade their equipment and my service is much faster. I'll let you in on a secret, that colour we both have cooks faster, uses less lump, heats up faster and the food taste better but don't tell the others! Yes, last summer I had a roof built over my outdoor kitchen area and I do love sitting in the corner watching the wild life, (birds, squirrels, and chipmunks) which I feed. There is something about sitting under a roof and looking out that I love. The food cooked on the KK is so good that I wanted to be able to do it all year long. In the winter we get lots of snow but I still want to grill. I special ordered the 16.5 grill because when it is 20 below it won't take as long to heat up as my 22 inch. During the rest of the year it will be great for the side dishes when the 22 is busy doing the rotisserie thing,etc. I understand the cost issue, here in Canada we have to pay about 50% more because of the value of our dollar against the US dollar. However I love cooking on these grills they are the cats meow.:) 

Sharon, I have lived here all my life and would not think of moving although it is nice to travel to see other parts. I keep telling folks who live in the rest of the country that we are so far behind that we are actually ahead. Even the time zone tells me that we are 1 hour ahead of Toronto and  4 hours ahead of Vancouver. :) 

Here in Arizona, it's a very different climate, most think of hot, dry, lower desert. We live in a high altitude (5500 ft)  but it is still often very dry, not so hot but often very dry and high UV index.  There are some times we get down to 4% humidity.  Makes your skin dry up and look like a snakes skin.  Need to add humidity to everything I cook.  A pressure cooker is my best friend.  Baking bread is a huge challenge, so keeping my outdoor cooks moist is also a challenge. I would love to hear from others who have mastered these challenges.

No problem, Dennis is the original, "you ask for it and he will build it". I have no doubt he can accommodate.

On another note I asked him to look at a "turkey/chicken/meat" hanger.  He informs me that one is being considered.  Another must have accessory.

How are you liking your cold smoker accessory?

Sharon

I like the cold smoker a lot. Just waiting to do some cheese, it will be perfect for that as there is no heat in the grill to melt the cheese unlike my amaz-n-smoker. I like it a lot for two other reasons, if you run out of smoking material it is easy as pie to add more without disturbing things in the KK and if you think it is going out easy to apply the torch to it to get it going again and again you don't have to disturb the food in the KK.

On 10/31/2016 at 9:13 AM, Sharon said:

No problem, Dennis is the original, "you ask for it and he will build it". I have no doubt he can accommodate.

On another note I asked him to look at a "turkey/chicken/meat" hanger.  He informs me that one is being considered.  Another must have accessory.

Sharon

Duck/Turkey/Chicken hanger thing