mguerra

Tasty Pintos

It can be hard to get pintos flavorful. I tried this and it came out VERY tasty.

2 cups pinto beans

7 ounce can mild green chiles

10 ounce can Rotel Original Diced Tomatos and Green Chiles

1 cup (more or less) diced onions

Salt 

Ground Comino (Cumin)

Place the beans and just enough water to cover them in a pressure cooker. Cook for one minute under pressure and allow to depressurize naturally. This replaces an overnight soak. Remove the beans from the vessel and set them aside. Brown the onions in the pressure cooker on the browning function. Use some oil or butter if you like. Return the beans to the vessel, put in the green chiles and the Rotel. Add enough water to cover the beans by about one inch. Beans need a lot of salt. Put in as much as you like. I use a shitload of comino because I like it, put in as much as you like. The comino gives it a Mexican flavor. Pressure cook for 20 minutes and allow to depressurize naturally. Enjoy those beans! The next time you make it adjust the salt and comino if you didn't like how it came out. I would have used some salt pork or bacon but didn't have any on hand and these came out great nonetheless. Use some pork if you like.

These are as good as any beans I have ever had at any Mexican restaurant, anywhere anytime.

• Like 2