MacKenzie

Adoption

Mackenzie........Little Miss Pebbles is going to love her new home!!!  Looks like she has settled in quite nicely.   That is one heck of a temporary stand....she is not going anywhere!!  Also love the sign above her perch.  So happy she finally arrived after the long journey across the ocean and Canada. Enjoy and have fun trying out all the extra Dennis goodies that you got with her.  Too much fun!!!!! 

14 minutes ago, bosco said:

Mac congrats on the new addition.  I have to ask what does this all mean for the primo??

i love those straight rods and can't wait to order them as well as the cold smoke generator.  

Those are true beauties and now you have me thinking about the trifecta again...

Bosco,  I believe she sold both of the Primo's.  The last one was her JR.  She sold it to one of the guys on the Primo site who lives in Halifax.  He owns a brewery there and my guess she traded it for a 5 years supply of craft beer!!!!!   Smart woman, that MacKenzie!!!!! :smt023 

PS - I assume you are back from your world travels.  Lets make a plan get together soon and plan your trifecta!!! 

John I have two grills ready to entertain you whenever you are ready!!

Mac giving up my KJs wasnbitter sweet.  They were my Intro into the Kamado world.  I loved them and many that know me from the guru, know just how passionate I was for them.  

They are just next door but honestly cooking on my KKs has been an incredible experience.  Knowing Kamado cooking as well as I did and upgrading to the KK allowed me to appreciate all the subtle differences that make KK the leader in design and quality.  

Welcome to the full KK experience Mac 

Thanks everyone :) I'll have to admit this was a very good move. I am having tons of fun with it. My Primo Jr was sold to a friend of my brewer friend so I didn't get any beer in the deal but I did take my friend and his assistant out to dinner the last time I was in Hfx. and came home with whiskey barrel wood for smoking.

Now I just have to get a proper rolling stand built. :) 

Sorry MacKenzie, I wasn't on the forum till today and look what I see....Little Mrs Pebbles. Your outdoor kitchen just got an excellent upgrade, congratulations! !!!!!

Keep an eye on the little one, remember CK's 16 was moving/shifting on the stand with the lid opening and closing.

• Like 1

Thanks for that reminder, tinyfish. :) From my previous experience with other grills I have been trained to open the lid carefully, an old habit but one work paying attention to, thanks again. Fortunately not a lot to worry about with the KK but better safe than sorry. :)  Little Ms. Pebbles might wiggle a little but there is no danger of her falling over backwards. :smt023:smt023

Edited by MacKenzie

Another thing I did with the stand is put a couple of pavers to get some air between the bottom of the 16" and the wood. I know Dennis says it's not needed but that bottom SS gets pretty hot when high heat searing. I was just worried that over time that heat would start to char the wood if set directly on wood. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.