billg71

Do I really have to name my KK?

Well, it's home and finally sitting on the patio. After spending the day getting it unpacked and hauled into place I've had enough facetime with it to know it definitely isn't a "Coyote".

I may name it someday, until then it's just my Komodo.  Apologies for the anticlimax and thanks to all who replied. I guess I'm back where I started.

But I could drag a chair outside and spend an hour or two just looking at it, Dennis really has created the ultimate functional work of art!

Best,

Bill

I like the discussion about the coyote and wondered when someone would say Wiley Coyote.  So why not Wiley C. ?

I personally am going to name mine (a 32"), when it arrives, Bear.

The photo in my Profile shows a Kamado and a dog.  I encountered a bear where the dog is sleeping on one dark night.  Opened the door, which is 4 ft from the dog, and the bear stood up!  Very impressive and got an immediate reaction from me!!

• Like 1

You bet I did!  Funny though, it was a glass topped dutch door....  The bear stood up and spread its arms so my adrenaline was really pumping.  I had not been that pumped since a particular firefight in Vietnam, so it prompted me into researching how to get rid of problematic bears without killing it.  Man, there is a whole lot of info and bears and I can tell you what doesn't work :-) 

Bear was between the door and the dog.  Dog prudently retreated but unfortunately did not utter a peep to warn me.  Neither dog did since I had 2 at the time.  They also would not make a sound when the mountain lion was cruising the meadow.

fullsizeoutput_78.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_177.jpeg

• Like 2

That was an old stump and if you can believe it that was not the largest, only average.  My neighbor had a 32' dia stump!  Redwood country in Humboldt County Ca.  I could go 80 miles north, 32 miles east and 6 miles south without hitting another road.  2-1/2 miles west as a paved road.

This photo shows the project under construction.  Guest house done (where bear incident happened) sauna building finished, and the foundation for the main home was complete.

You could see 38 miles of coastline from these homes and was truly a special place to live for 20+ years.  Enjoying a Kamado the whole time :-)

fullsizeoutput_ce.jpeg

2 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

That explains the size of that stump. No wonder you have big critters roaming around.:) It sounds quiet, peaceful and relaxing with lots of out door fun. :)

It WAS very quiet and peaceful, but I had to move closer to affordable healthcare (military and VA) so we sold it after 20+ blissful years.