ckreef

Tasmanian Potatoes

I wanted to try the Tasmanian Pepper Salt. I figured thick sliced potatoes would allow me to really taste it. I coated in oil, sprinkled on the Tasmanian Pepper Salt then baked in the 16" KK. 

Very tasty. Looking past the salt component it has a nice mild pepper taste. Not overpowering like black pepper can be. Almost a sweet pepper taste. Everyone loved it even my son who would never put pepper on anything. And it gives your potatoes a sort of purple color to them. 

TPa.jpg

TPb.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, tony b said:

Was anxiously waiting to hear about the Taz pepper. Gotta find an American hookup. Amazon was a bust. World Spice normally carries it, but there was a bad harvest this year, so we'll have to wait until 2017.

https://www.worldspice.com/spices/pepperberry-tasmanian 

If you go to the Outback Spirit website they say they will ship out of country. I can post a link later today if you need me to. 

This will be my goto for any cook where I need to salt and pepper the outside. 

I was really impressed with the flavor and the fact that my son liked it even though it was a "pepper"  taste (he hates pepper).