MacKenzie

KK Breakfast with KK Bacon

This is the third morning in a row that I've done the cook part of breakfast on the Little Gem. :)

Just light the remaining coals on the way out to feed the birds and other critters.

Come back put the C I frying pan on to heat. 

Make smoothies.

Put the egg on with the bacon.

Make the toast. 

Close the KK down and plate. 

ServeMy Grilled Breakfast.jpg-

• Like 1

Does your pork belly come with the skin on? I got a side slab of bacon yesterday and removed the skin prior to brining. I heard about using it for cracklins (haven't done those eand through it in the brine just in case but now I am reading it needs a fat layer on it for cooking. I pretty much cut close to the skin so I may end up throwing it out.

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

Steve, my pork belly comes without the skin so I just use it as is except sometimes I do trim a little fat depending upon the butcher. Keep on going, don't throw it out. I am sure it will be fine. How long are you leaving it in the brine and what curing agent are you using?

I picked up some pink curing salt last night and went by a recipe for maple bacon on the amazing ribs site. I believe it recommends at least a week in the brine so I will target the following weekend. I was hoping to do it this one but I'm not sure if it would be long enough.