DennisLinkletter

FiAir - Air Blower/Fast Fire Starter

On 10/20/2016 at 9:00 AM, Stile88 said:

I will stick to my 1500w heat gun already has a fan 

I agree with this. I have a $23 Wagner heat gun that supplies plenty heat and air to start every fire I make in the Komodo. It's been going strong for 15 months. I bought a cheapo backup for it from Harbor Freight for $9.99 with a coupon and it works pretty good too.

I've used the FiAir for the first two cooks on my 22 after lighting with a MAPP torch. I like it!  I don't have any outlets on the patio so using a heat gun or hair dryer means dragging out a cord and rolling it up afterwards. It's so nice to be able to just grab something, walk outside and use it, walk back in and put it away.

Thanks for the post, Dennis.

Best,

Bill

Just a follow-up:

I've been using the FiAir for the last couple months every Saturday to juice up the coals in the PK for the second phase of reverse-seared burgers and it absolutely rocks! I'm still on the original cheap batteries it came with, it fits in your pocket(well, mostly), doesn't need to be plugged in and it's quiet to boot.

When I think of how many $25 gadgets I've bought that didn't work I smile every time I use this one!

Best,

Bill

• Like 3

blower.jpg.f2d268b28bbd13f85a542c931cbe8c86.jpg

After over a decade with push mowers (we have a small lawn) we bought the best electric mower on the market. Didn't exist last year, we waited lawn enough.

EGO POWER+ 21" SELF-PROPELLED LAWN MOWER

Of course, the real reason was to have an excuse to buy their backback blower using the same charging system, for starting fires in my KK.

EGO POWER+ 600 CFM BACKPACK BLOWER

Dennis, back at you!

• Like 1