tomahawk66

First pizza cook on 32" big bad blue R2D2

I've been wanting to do pizza on the KK for a while now but owning a 32" it's hard to justify the insane full requirements for just one pizza.

So a little tipsy on Saturday late afternoon I decided to do pizza on Sunday - bought flour and yeast and followed Ckreef's no knead recipie.

Made enough dough for 12 pizzas so woke up the next morning and started sending out invites.

I'm stunned by how well the KK handled pizzas easily 2 at a time and at less than 10 mins a pie I could have done commercial volumes. Certainly a great excuse for a party: "bring beer and pizza toppings" I said, and my friends and neighbours obliged!

Photos are a little iffy due to the volume of beer provided...

042775b444440dc625348f3dd13936b8.jpg

db70d7cb7e74b6534e73ebebc1f7a339.jpg

e3f172a66c64d1504b7d3566c5afa251.jpg

82b62ff512a6517654d83f262bc47169.jpg

4bcd96d54ce8ba4ad0ac0ca3584a2e69.jpg

04674d23010085fcdd20c18505ba87d6.jpg

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, tomahawk66 said:

Actually only did 8; am refrigerating the other dough as I heard it's even better after a week?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Yes it will develop more flavor.  You will need to let it come back to room temperature for a minimum 4 hours and 6 is better. Less than 4 and it's hard to work with. 

On 10/23/2016 at 11:58 PM, ckreef said:

Yes it will develop more flavor.  You will need to let it come back to room temperature for a minimum 4 hours and 6 is better. Less than 4 and it's hard to work with. 

Nothing more frustrating than dough that is still cold and has a memory. Roll it out and it just returns to it's previous shape ARGH!!

Great looking bake..  Thanks for the shots.. please remember that the best shots for KK's social media are shots of the food fully cooked/finished on the grill..  and not cropped too tight because we need to use square images for Instagram.. ;-) 

• Like 1

Darn! I'll try and remember for future "Dennis money shots"
the food does look epic on the KK - I'll share photos of its new home soon - I've built a deck and out door living / dining room out the front and the KK is on view to every one in the neighbourhood. We often have neighbours stop by to ask about it when sitting out having a drink in the evening, it's actually how we meet a lot of our neighbours - great ice breaker!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk