Pequod

APL Peach Rosemary Glazed Pork Tenderloin

That is a permanent menu item at the Bistro. We love it. It's also a cook I do for guests. Really hard to screw up, has a great presentation,  awesome flavor and basically makes you look like a Michelin Star chef. 

BTW great pictures. I agree with your daughter - some food just looks better close up. 

15 minutes ago, ckreef said:

That is a permanent menu item at the Bistro. We love it. It's also a cook I do for guests. Really hard to screw up, has a great presentation,  awesome flavor and basically makes you look like a Michelin Star chef. 

BTW great pictures. I agree with your daughter - some food just looks better close up. 

True on all points. I think it's jumped into the lineup here as well. Just an awesome dish. 

2 minutes ago, MacKenzie said:

HalfSmoke, I did a search to check out the recipe and was not able to connect to the APL site to take a look at the recipe. Is it just me or is the site not working?

You're right, it is down. Seems the domain name registration has lapsed. Hope he gets it renewed. That was a good site. 

HalfSmoke, I did a search to check out the recipe and was not able to connect to the APL site to take a look at the recipe. Is it just me or is the site not working?

If you type the title of the cook in Google it will come up with one of John's YouTube vids that he done straight from the book

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

If you can't find the full recipe somewhere let me know. I have the book at home and can snap a picture of the recipe and send it to you. 

It really is a fantastic recipe. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ckreef said:

If you can't find the full recipe somewhere let me know. I have the book at home and can snap a picture of the recipe and send it to you. 

It really is a fantastic recipe. 

I tend to buy more cookbooks than I should. This one is high on the recommended list. Lots of other recipes in there I'll be trying soon. 

14 minutes ago, HalfSmoke said:

I tend to buy more cookbooks than I should. This one is high on the recommended list. Lots of other recipes in there I'll be trying soon. 

The only thing I didn't like about the book it they are all fairly complicated recipes with a large ingredient list. I tend to like things a little more simple. 

With that said everything I've tried out of there has been spot on flavor wise. 

6 minutes ago, ckreef said:

The only thing I didn't like about the book it they are all fairly complicated recipes with a large ingredient list. I tend to like things a little more simple. 

With that said everything I've tried out of there has been spot on flavor wise. 

True on the complexity. This is more of a weekend and special occasion cookbook than daily use.

Also picked up Raichlen's Project Smoke recently. While focused on smoking (obviously), what I like is the non traditional ways he uses smoke. Not your typical ribs, butts and brisket BBQ book. Looking forward to trying several things from this one. Smoked Bread has caught my eye...

2 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

Me too. I recently picked up one of the APL cookbooks after seeing one of the recipes on this site. I really like it.