Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Komodo Kamado

Register now to gain access to all of our features, ask queries, discuss and lot's more!

Click here to Register!

billg71

So what other grills do you own?

31 posts in this topic

I still have a flat plate gasser that is being used as a table, a Kamado Joe classic and a Jr. Since I got my KK these really don't get used but it's nice to know I have back up if I was going to get rid of any of them it would be the gasser.

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill

I keep a Meco Swinger II around, thinking I will use it for quick grilling, but I never do... If we have a big party I'm going to break it out and use for something, anything, just because we have it. It has a real sentimental value, I learned to cook with charcoal on it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Meco-Swinger-Series-21.5-Square-Charcoal-Grill-Adjustable-Cooking-Grid-w-2-Folding-Side-Tables/12441316

1 person likes this

I'm impressed, Doc, that you learned to cook anything decent on that tin can!! 

Posted (edited)

Future is the 19tt, but for now I have a Weber 22 gold, Weber Jumbo Joe/with a Cajun Bandit Stacker, Weber Smokey Joe/with a mini WSM build, Cook Air, and a Pit Barrel Cooker plus the cooker that got me to this site Akorn Jr which is all I have been using since I purchase about four months ago!

The PBC to date has given me my best ribs and brisket! Once I get the 19tt will give to my next door neighbor the Weber 22, a friend from work the mini WSM and keep the others.

Garvin

P.S forgot my 14 WSM that I got on clearance last summer but haven't used probably give to my Dad.

Edited by Garvinque

@Garvinque post up some cooks. We don't care what you cook on. I regularly post cooks done on something other than a KK - other people do the same. 

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, ckreef said:

@Garvinque post up some cooks. We don't care what you cook on. I regularly post cooks done on something other than a KK - other people do the same. 

What section of the site to post?

7 hours ago, Garvinque said:

What section of the site to post?

KK cooking is fine. We don't have a special section for that. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, ckreef said:

KK cooking is fine. We don't have a special section for that. 

Yeah I posted a cook from yesterday!

Thanks' Garvin

36” Weber Rancher (must be 20 years old. made it through the fire, handle and wheels gone), Weber Performer (new), and my new 16 TT KK.

I haven’t used the Rancher for a while now. I put about 80 lbs. of fire brick inside as a heat sink. Works pretty good.

I’ve only used the performer twice since receiving the KK in early December.

Doc, thanks for bringing up the Swinger! It was the first grill I owned after a hibachi, bought my first one 25+ years ago and replaced it faithfully when the bottom rusted out(about every 3-5 years). When the last one rusted out I bought a Weber kettle but I've finally settled on a PK as a decent replacement for the Swinger.

Thanks again for bringing up some happy memories. :)