Steve M

I took a trip to Santa Maria today

in my head at least.

I decided to thaw a Snake River Farms wagyu tri tip and go traditional; at least close enough. I generally go with the salt, pepper, and garlic but I recently purchased some slap yo daddy beef all purpose rub and wanted to try it. I also went with the traditional salsa and pinquinto beans.

I cooked it with a reverse sear at 250 for about an hour and 15 minutes until internal hit 120. I rested it while the kk went up to ~7000F (I'm still amazed at how quick this happens). sorry I didn't have pictures of the cook but I managed to grab a few snapshots of the important stuff.

IMG_2962.JPG

IMG_2964.JPG

IMG_2965.JPG

• Like 5

1 hour ago, HalfSmoke said:

I've never bought anything from SNF, mostly because I'm afraid of screwing up an expensive piece of meat. Maybe I should indulge for Christmas. 

I've ordered quite a few of their products and mostly when they are on sale. There is a big difference between their Kobe/Wagyu line and the Northwest Beef line. About the only products I purchased from them that I didn't think were extraordinary were some of the kurobota pork cuts and the smaller filet mignons and sirloin cuts. I think their beef is the best I've had.

• Like 1

I've ordered quite a few of their products and mostly when they are on sale. There is a big difference between their Kobe/Wagyu line and the Northwest Beef line. About the only products I purchased from them that I didn't think were extraordinary were some of the kurobota pork cuts and the smaller filet mignons and sirloin cuts. I think their beef is the best I've had.

my husband took me to the french laundry over the summer and one of the courses was the rib eye campfrom SNF....that should tell you something about the quality.
  • Like 1