tinyfish

Great grill marks

Haven't posted alot of cooks since I've done nothing new or fancy.

But these steaks from the week end had some nice grill marks and turned out great. The steaks were dry aged from my butcher. 20161030_184127.jpg The one steak without the nice grill marks is being cooked for leftovers so I under cooked it for reheating.

• Like 3

Nice grill marks! How was the dry aged? A butcher near me has a big dry aging case with around 6 or 7 primal/sub primals at any one time. Their strip loin is about to hit 60 days and looks pretty epic

What set up do you use for steaks? Main grill grate, dome temp? I still dont feel thay I've perfected grilling on the KK yet...

I seared a couple of rib eyes after cooking sous vide for 2 hours at 55C last night:
c95d9e75fec9d4ca87e7f10e7847265c.jpg
d3688e2d5dd419427d7b62d49137fe62.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

• Like 3

1 hour ago, tomahawk66 said:

Nice grill marks! How was the dry aged? A butcher near me has a big dry aging case with around 6 or 7 primal/sub primals at any one time. Their strip loin is about to hit 60 days and looks pretty epic emoji4.png

What set up do you use for steaks? Main grill grate, dome temp? I still dont feel thay I've perfected grilling on the KK yet...

I seared a couple of rib eyes after cooking sous vide for 2 hours at

I like dry aged beef, it has a stronger taste almost nuttier. A 60 dry age will be on the stronger side for sure, I would like it but for some it would be to strong flavored.

As for grilling I grilled these on the main grate because I also cooked a stuffed chicken breast so the KK was heat soaked.