Aussie Ora

Spun some roasts

On 11/3/2016 at 10:54 AM, churchi said:

Dam aussie that looks mad!! Gotta try some of these myself.

You think the basket splitter is the way to go with these kind of cooks? Not just spinning them over the nice burning coals? ive not given the splitter a go in my 32.

Splitter in the 32 can't create the half rear charcoal like the round 23" basket.  ;-(

Love it!  Looks amazing.  Where did you find your rod and spin basket?  Direct or indirect heat?  From photos looks like indirect.  Low and slow (250) or higher in the dome?

Sharon

22" Hi Cap KK

Hey Sharon I was the lucky first recipient of the shaft from Dennis. MacKenzie got one with her new baby and I'm sure they will be available soon the basket is just a generic brand I bought from my local bbq store I cooked these at 350 half direct with my basket splitter for an hour and a bit

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Excellent.  Thank you so much for the info.  Dennis recommends going to onegrill.com for the motors.  Just wondered if one of their shafts would work.  BTW, Dennis is working on a turkey/chicken hanger.  Saw a photo of the prototype last week on another thread.  Should be an awesome additional tool to our arnensal!

sharon

On 11/11/2016 at 10:49 AM, Sharon said:

Excellent.  Thank you so much for the info.  Dennis recommends going to onegrill.com for the motors.  Just wondered if one of their shafts would work.  

The onegrill.com shafts will not work. KK shafts need 2 different ends and a very specific length for each size KK.