Aussie Ora

Anyone tried Oakridge rubs

I have tried a few Oakridge rubs and I will say I don't fancy many of them... however, their black ops brisket rubs is lights out.  I mean I t is oiterally in my top 5 for must have rubs.  Great on all beef low and slow.  

John Henry's, now that is another story.  Huge fan of thier products.  Rubs have a high sugar so will harden.  I have a small coffee grinder that makes easy work with them if that happens.  

Summertime peach is my go to for sweet ribs.  Cilantro and lime is also killer. I have a bunch more that I can recommend if you want 

I'll chime in as a BIG Oakridge rub fan!!!  Just used their Carne Crosta and Santa Maria rubs (I blended 2 parts Santa Maria to 1 part Carne Crosta) for a tri-tip that I grilled last night. Like the Black Ops, as well as the Competition Beef & Pork and Secret Weapon, too. The Habanero Death Dust was OK on wings.

• Like 1

I have tried a few Oakridge rubs and I will say I don't fancy many of them... however, their black ops brisket rubs is lights out.  I mean I t is oiterally in my top 5 for must have rubs.  Great on all beef low and slow.  

John Henry's, now that is another story.  Huge fan of thier products.  Rubs have a high sugar so will harden.  I have a small coffee grinder that makes easy work with them if that happens.  

Summertime peach is my go to for sweet ribs.  Cilantro and lime is also killer. I have a bunch more that I can recommend if you want 

They have the east Texas range. Butter pecan sounds interesting but no peach :(

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Oakridge fan here. Black Ops, Santa Maria, Carne Crosta are the ones I like. I made a big mistake putting too much Habanero Death Dust on some wings, had to toss them....way too hot.

I need to try some John Henry it sounds like.

Simply Marvelous Spicy Apple is a nice twist on a Pork Butt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

I was wondering about the carne crosta.  So you guys would recommend it? 

I too had the habrsnero death dust on wings.  Less is definitely more 

Carne Crosta on a Beef Tenderloin is my go to for guests. Crosta likes high heat, ramp up the KK and flip the top grate over the basket to form that crust. The high heat releases all the goodness in that rub.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bosco said:

I was wondering about the carne crosta.  So you guys would recommend it? 

I too had the habrsnero death dust on wings.  Less is definitely more 

Carne Crosta is hands down the best thing you can do to a steak. I did a head to head comparison with Lanes ancho espresso, and prefer the Carne Crosta by far. 

• Like 2

Just ordered this4f078afe3090901b3d6ed16af2a65f8c.jpgSounds interesting I also got this722b47539897d6f549b4679d3cbbad6b.jpg looking forward to trying them both will have to contact them and see if they can get some summertime peach. Both of them sound like they will go with everyting. I scrapped booked the pics as the site would not let me download lol. the Oakridge was 21.95 and the Jon Henry was 12.95 plus 9.50 for postage totall 44.40 should have just paid ckreef lol

• Like 1

If you order from Oakridge direct and use code brethren10 you get 10% off I believe.   

So if you get someone over here to order they can save a bit more 

Cool with shipping and exchange rate it would probably work out the same. But worth a look The black ops was 26.95 but other's were only 12.95. Have you tried the pecan before