DennisLinkletter

42" SBB is in Production and shipping!

The 42” SBB is our latest addition to the KK family..  It’s ID is 42” wide and 22” deep. It comes standard with 3 levels of 3/8”” 304 stainless grates that can be used to cook on 4 levels. Also standard is a charcoal basket splitter reducer that lets you cook on a reduced volume of charcoal. This creates a two-zone cooking environment and lets you cook two steaks quickly.
      Our guess is the total weight is about 1,500 lbs and rolls easily on 6 high-density black rubber castors, 4 in the legs and two under the body to distribute the weight evenly. The grill boasts 240 lbs of 304 and 316 stainless components.

The standard tiled grills start at $9,200 and the pebble and bronze tiled grills are $9,460. 

This is a video of the inside of the beast..

This top grill is sold..

42-MarshalD.jpg

42TerraBlue.jpg

42Bronze.jpg

These of course are still being worked on..

42Cobalt.jpg

42MatteBlack.jpg

This Pebble grill is sold.

42Rashed.jpg

• Like 2

I want to see the double-bottom drip pan for that bad boy! ;)

And forget lift-gate delivery, that beast needs to arrive on a Moffet truck(a Moffet is a 3-wheel all-terrain fork lift if you're not in the construction business).

Just one suggestion: Center the logo in the plate with one space between Komodo and Kamado, having it justified to the outside looks a little goofy to me. Take that with a grain of salt, I've been told that all my taste is in my mouth.

Looks like one helluva cooker! Congrats, Dennis, you've outdone yourself!

Edited by billg71
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, billg71 said:

Just one suggestion: Center the logo in the plate with one space between Komodo and Kamado, having it justified to the outside looks a little goofy to me. Take that with a grain of salt, I've been told that all my taste is in my mouth.

Looks like one helluva cooker! Congrats, Dennis, you've outdone yourself!

Thanks for the kudos.. I've very pleased with the grill

. The Komodo Kamado completely fills the space.. it just looks odd in those shots because the massive latch has not yet been installed.

BTW this plate is two tiles tall..

42Latch.jpg

On 11/12/2016 at 9:46 PM, DennisLinkletter said:

Thanks for the kudos.. I've very pleased with the grill

. The Komodo Kamado completely fills the space.. it just looks odd in those shots because the massive latch has not yet been installed.

BTW this plate is two tiles tall..

Well, DUH! Should'a thought of that, no latch in the previous pics.

Nice job, Dennis!

Edited by billg71

On 11/14/2016 at 3:12 PM, tomahawk66 said:

I thought as much! The pizza stone on the 32 is just about as heavy as I can comfortably manage

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Here is something I just realized.  The heat deflector stones can be used for pizza too and since there are two of them it is less than 1/2 the weight each (they are a wee bit smaller overall).

Here is something I just realized.  The heat deflector stones can be used for pizza too and since there are two of them it is less than 1/2 the weight each (they are a wee bit smaller overall).

Dennis did me a deal on "cosmetic second" 23 piss a stone so I have the 32s and the 23s. Love the 32 for doing 2 12 inch pizzas. Haven't used the smaller stone yet!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, FotonDrv said:

You can use anything to bake on in principle.. That being said the heat transfer will not be the same. It's much denser and will be hotter and burn crusts easier. The baking stones have an engineered heat transfer formula that is designed for baking bread or medium to thicker pizzas. The heat deflector will do better with a thin crust 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DennisLinkletter said:

You can use anything to bake on in principle.. That being said the heat transfer will not be the same. It's much denser and will be hotter and burn crusts easier. The baking stones have an engineered heat transfer formula that is designed for baking bread or medium to thicker pizzas. The heat deflector will do better with a thin crust 

Very interesting. We have a pizza cook planned for tonight (if I get out of work on time). Might have to try on the deflector instead of the baking stone.