DennisLinkletter

New Cold Smoker Sleeve

In the few times that I've used the CS, I've not had any problems with smoke layering in the lower part of the grill. I open the top vent about a full turn and see smoke seeping out, similar with the smoking pot. When I opened the grill doing the cashews, I got a nice face full of smoke. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

True! Now if it bolted onto that gas port on the other hand... lol

OK, here another wild thought.  Put the CS into the gas port after making an adapter plate and then put your cheeses or whatever you want to truly Cold Smoke on the bottom grill and then put a small hibachi affair on the very top grill so the heat left the KK and created the draft.  What do you think??

You had me at "wild thought". :smt046

Although...an adapter for that door isn't a half bad idea. If you could mount the cold smoker to that you could still use the guru, and not have to drill another hole in your KK for a cold smoker port. Call it the "utility port" instead of gas port. :smt023

• Like 2

@HalfSmoke

Guess I'm not seeing the advantage of moving the cold smoker closer to the food. It produces plenty of smoke. That smoke will fill the interior of the KK via diffusive processes -- good old convection and turbulent mixing. Moving the food closer to the source means you'll get a higher concentration in one spot and less outward from there. I'd rather rely on good ol' fashion turbulent mixing to get me a homogeneous distribution of smoke and put the food where I will. 

Agreed, and not to mention no need to drill into my KK.

Edited by Gnomatic
  • Like 1