Hephaestus

2'' Ribeye No sissy steak here

Ever since the kids moved out, whenever we make steak we make one for both of us. I actually got the idea from a trip to Tuscany. At select restaurants such as Latini, they cut and grill the steaks in house. The thickness of the steak is based on the number of guests. They then presented it sliced with a little a bit of olive oil on top. Delicious.

Here is our take on this:

We start with a 2" ribeye, rubbed with olive oil seasoned with salt and pepper and coated  with fresh herbs from the garden. (I say it but I can hardly believe it that its mid November in Montreal and still have herbs from our garden.

Plated with grilled poblano pepper and oven roasted sweet potato.

pic1

pic2

pic3

pic4

Edited by Hephaestus

22 hours ago, MadMedik said:

Nice steak, looks great.    I don't have  fresh herbs....but we  are  running  mid 70's  here in Central California....where is the rain.   I was wearing shorts all weekend !!

Alright cousin you don't have to rub it in with weather. 

Edited by Hephaestus

Winter has arrived here on a speeding freight train called Argos. Steady 25 -30 mph winds, with gust upwards of 45 mph. Temperature is supposed to drop over 20 degrees by morning. Out first hard freeze of the season. Low tonight of 29F. High tomorrow won't break 40F. The only good news is that the snow is staying north of us.