Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Komodo Kamado

Register now to gain access to all of our features, ask queries, discuss and lot's more!

Click here to Register!

billg71

Putting your new KK on your deck? You need help!

22 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, tony b said:

Just a bit of feedback on Trex. It's not 100% maintenance free. Over the last few years, I have developed a lichen problem on it. Have tried various treatments to eliminate it, but most recommended chemical treatments are so harsh that they'll kill everything it contacts, so I've just learned to put up with some of it. YMMV.

I had some new Trex bubble in the hot sun...

Thanks guys,  I asked the lowes deck guy and my carpenter if we made the right choice and they said the new trex transcend line is a lot different than the other tiers and that nothing is ever perfect but as gars a maintenance free its the best for what I had budget for.  I guess we'll see how it plays out, if it doesn't work out i can always blame my wife who said we had to go trex...adding to Bills point the tiki torch will match my grill.  adding the welding mat is all black and has the same finish as my grill.

no pictures yet as I'm not sure Dennis has even shipped them yet...this is me getting ahead of myself and excited about the grills, I Love food.