MacKenzie

More Cured Pork Chops

I started curing 4 boneless  pork chops for 4 days and then forgot the day I should smoke I was going to be away and that's not all! I washed them out and then went to bed forgetting to take them out of the water, they were soaked for 2 hours more than I wanted, yikes.

As if that  wasn't bad enough I left town on the say that they should have been smoked. We are on a roll here.

Today I smoked them and here they are- 

Pork Chopsjpg.jpg

Pork Interior.jpg

They are moist, tender and very tasty, talk about luck. :)

• Like 3

Tinyfish, I think it did, these were less ham like than the last batch. Although they were still really tasty. These were Costco chops and the last ones were Berkshire. Only way to know for sure is to them again with the normal soak time. Aaaah shucks, I have to do more:) I should do 4 more and finish 2 with a 4 hour soak and 2 with 6 hours. :)

On 11/17/2016 at 5:44 PM, MacKenzie said:

I started curing 4 boneless  pork chops for 4 days and then forgot the day I should smoke I was going to be away and that's not all! I washed them out and then went to bed forgetting to take them out of the water, they were soaked for 2 hours more than I wanted, yikes.

As if that  wasn't bad enough I left town on the say that they should have been smoked. We are on a roll here.

Today I smoked them and here they are- 

Pork Chopsjpg.jpg

Pork Interior.jpg

They are moist, tender and very tasty, talk about luck. :)

"All's well as ends well" is the old saying and it looks like your chops definitely ended well!

Congrats, Mac!