Hogsfan

23 inch Ultimate for sale in DFW...1 year old.

Hey guys, 

I'm spoke with ckreef and he assured me this is ok. Unfortunately, I'm making the very difficult decision to sell my 23" Komodo Kamado. 

It's just over 1 year old and in great condition. I've probably cooked on it 20 times and it's been in the garage since early summer until this week. 

Options included:

- wood side tables

- teak grill grips

- pizza stone

- firebox splitter

- extra firebox

- rotisserie (unused)

- a box of CoCo char

- and some other odds and ends

Condition is very good...Obviously it's used but other than that everything is as it should be. There is a very minor chip on the inside of the upper lip which I'm now realizing from reading on here is common and purely cosmetic. Either way, it's minor.

I just added it up and all total this set up would cost > $5,200. I'd like to get $3700 out of it but If you are interested, have cash, and are able to pick up in the DFW area, shoot me an offer and we'll talk.

Cash only and I'm sorry but after reading some horror stories, I won't be able to ship it. 

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

IMG_0498_zpsnibzl102.jpg

IMG_0499_zpsydcc9but.jpg

IMG_0501_zps3s1egoto.jpg

IMG_0502_zps9jvcd09b.jpg

IMG_0503_zpseuvip2hv.jpg

IMG_0504_zpsylwurwn0.jpg

IMG_0505_zpsfsvf8eiz.jpg

IMG_0506_zpsrxhg0mjz.jpg

Edited by Hogsfan

5 hours ago, Hogsfan said:

Thanks Charles,

I appreciate it. Yeah, I've seriously thought about expanding the patio to make room for everything.  My wife was ok with it if I could find somebody who would do it in exchange for video work.  I wish I had your skills and could just built it. 

If you lived on the east coast I'd come over and build it for you - you would just have to feed me and maybe give me a cameo appearance in one of your videos - LOL 

• Like 1

this one really doesn't make much sense to me to tell you the truth.  The only thing that I can think of is that you are making more money or have a better following on youtube from using the other cookers.  Heck, even Bobby told you to keep it and he would send you a free KJ anyways.

I will be honest, you are going to regret selling this KK.  You are never going to get what you want for it, people will nickel and dime you and you still need to contend with shipping.  Why would anyone take the risk of shipping it and making arrangements to ship it from you when they can spend a bit more and get one delivered in a crate from the factory.  I only say this because I too was about to buy one from someone locally.  I just couldn't figure a way to avoid the risks of transporting a used one and paying all that money for something without a warranty.

Good luck with everything, but honestly think about this one... Once its gone it is gone

Edited by bosco
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ckreef said:

If you lived on the east coast I'd come over and build it for you - you would just have to feed me and maybe give me a cameo appearance in one of your videos - LOL 

Next time you come through DFW, give me a call. That would be fun. you don't even have to built me a patio or anything. lol.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Why are you selling it ditch something else lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Lol. I know. I wish I could. I have 4 others. My wife won't let me sell the Weber Genesis because she uses it. I have 2 kettles that I use for a side business, and a Weber Charcoal Summit which is my baby and also the most commonly used cooker on my youtube channel.

The KK gets the least amount of use and is worth the most money so it sorta makes sense to let it go. I just need to find someone who will give it the attention it deserves. It's too nice a grill to just be sitting there. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bosco said:

this one really doesn't make much sense to me to tell you the truth.  The only thing that I can think of is that you are making more money or have a better following on youtube from using the other cookers.  Heck, even Bobby told you to keep it and he would send you a free KJ anyways.

I will be honest, you are going to regret selling this KK.  You are never going to get what you want for it, people will nickel and dime you and you still need to contend with shipping.  Why would anyone take the risk of shipping it and making arrangements to ship it from you when they can spend a bit more and get one delivered in a crate from the factory.  I only say this because I too was about to buy one from someone locally.  I just couldn't figure a way to avoid the risks of transporting a used one and paying all that money for something without a warranty.

Good luck with everything, but honestly think about this one... Once its gone it is gone

Thanks for your feedback, man. 

I am not too worried about shipping. I live in DFW so I have about 7 million "neighbors" and probably double that within a half days drive...and people down here have pickups. lol. I'm hoping somebody in the area will take an interest. 

It's a great grill and it's built like a tank. Plus they can come see it in person before they buy which would have appealed to me. When you think about it, It looks exactly everybody else's will after 15-20 cooks and it will save them almost $1500-$2000 (depending on what we negotiate).  That's like a $100 dollar discount per cook. lol. 

What it sorta boils down to is I'm not using as much as I planned and I would like to recoup some of my investment. I'm sure somebody else out there would love to get a good discount on one that's barely used. It's a win for everybody. Plus, the grill would get more use so it's win-win-win...which is not really a thing, but sounds like it should be. lol 

Anyways, this could be a good arrangement for everyone. I just have to find the right person. If you guys know anyone who might be interested, please send them my direction. Thanks. 

@Smoking_Big_Al I see no point in your post above. If the man would rather use a different grill/kamado so be it. From what I've seen he's never had a bad thing to say about KK's. Bobby told him publicly to keep his KK and he would still send him a 2017 KJBJ at no cost. I've watched almost all his videos (which I love his style) including the KK, sumit and other videos. He has stated before he is sponsored by no one. 

Seems we should take the man's word until he states differently and calling the situation BS is just in bad taste. KK's aren't for everyone. 

• Like 2

@Smoking_Big_Al I deleted your post, I'm sorry but this is not the tone I want here on this forum.  Everybody has their reasons for what they do.. they are actually none of our business.  Different strokes for different folks, as I always say KK's aren't for everybody.  They are a significant investment and those monies are often better spent elsewhere.   Justin I wish you all the best, I hope you will continue to be a contributing member where we don't care what you cook on..  Webbers and KJ's welcomed here!

• Like 7

Lol. I know. I wish I could. I have 4 others. My wife won't let me sell the Weber Genesis because she uses it. I have 2 kettles that I use for a side business, and a Weber Charcoal Summit which is my baby and also the most commonly used cooker on my youtube channel.

The KK gets the least amount of use and is worth the most money so it sorta makes sense to let it go. I just need to find someone who will give it the attention it deserves. It's too nice a grill to just be sitting there. 

Fair enough makes sence if it's not being used much and you could use the coin why not. It looks well maintained I hope you get a serious buyer not some drop kick that will offer you $1500 lol

On 11/20/2016 at 7:22 PM, MadMedik said:

Hey Hogsfan...sorry to see you let it go.   But you all mentioned your  YouTube channel and cooking.   Can you share a link to your channel and cooks?  if you have done so in the past,  i have not seen it.   Like to see your cooks.   Post if you can or want.  Thanks

Hey MadMedik,

My youtube channel is Baby Back Maniac. Do  you have a channel as well? I think I recognize your KK. 

On 11/21/2016 at 4:55 AM, Aussie Ora said:

Fair enough makes sence if it's not being used much and you could use the coin why not. It looks well maintained I hope you get a serious buyer not some drop kick that will offer you $1500 lol

Yeah, if I don't get a fair offer, I'll just keep it. Oh darn, I've got to keep a super nice kamado. First world problems, right? lol

• Like 3

lol. It wouldn't make you think any less of the KK. The KK is without a doubt a better built kamado. There are some features I enjoy about the Summit (like easy ash clean out and portability). Honestly, for me it's not even about a comparison. It's just math. I've got a Kamado and I'm getting another free one from a different manufacturer. The KK isn't getting used enough and it's worth a lot. Somebody else is going to love it, and I could use use the money when I recoup some of the cost. 

Just math. 

Thanks for watching the videos, Michael.