ckreef

Mismanaged Pizza Cook

31 minutes ago, tomahawk66 said:

Still looks bloody good to me!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

They were good just a bunch of technical flaws from start to finish. About the only thing that went right was the stretching. 

I just expect more out of myself especially when it comes to pizza. 

Edited by ckreef

Looks good from the cheap seats. 

Not to hijack, but am contemplating a Blackstone for my Christmas list (which usually means I buy it and "let" wife wrap it). Love my KK for pizza, but am thinking the Blackstone would be more fuel efficient and quicker to heat. What else can be cooked on a Blackstone other than pizza?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HalfSmoke said:

Looks good from the cheap seats. 

Not to hijack, but am contemplating a Blackstone for my Christmas list (which usually means I buy it and "let" wife wrap it). Love my KK for pizza, but am thinking the Blackstone would be more fuel efficient and quicker to heat. What else can be cooked on a Blackstone other than pizza?

I've done baked Spaghetti and similar dishes. Temperature range is about 350* -  1,000*. For most everything except thin crust I like using the KK.

For thin crust the Blackstone beats the KK hands down. It's just faster and easier. Set temperature for properly browning the bottom. Once the bottom is 80% done crank the heat up to finish off the top (usually less than 30 seconds to finish the top). This is all really easy since you can watch the pizza the entire time. I can usually get 3 pizzas cooked and on the table in 10 minutes. 

45 minutes ago, tony b said:

Sadly, Charles, we share the same trait - cooks seldom measure up to our own expectations. But, when they do - Bliss!!

Yup you totally get it.

When a cook really works out to my expectations and I'm tooting my own horn you can bet your paycheck it was a really killer meal. Mostly the rest are good but that one or two meals a month that blow my own socks off is what keeps me moving forward. 

• Like 1