tinyfish

Pulled Beef

My butcher had chuck/blade roasts on sale so I picked one up. Bigger then I wanted at 9 lbs...oh well.

Cooked indirect at 250f till 165f then into a covered pan with some wine and Worcestershire sauce and a bunch of garlic cloves. 

Moved covered pan to oven at 350f for a few more hours. Then I added sliced peppers, onions and mushrooms. Back into the oven till fork tender. 

I must warn you no KK photo, deleted my mistake. 

Seasoned with a combo of three rubs Texas Original rub, Eat Bbq and Cimarron Docs Sweet rib rub.

20161120_055721.jpg

20161120_161058.jpg

20161120_162408.jpg

• Like 5

3 hours ago, ckreef said:

Great looking pulled beef. I love pulled beef. Mrs skreef and my son not so much. Oh well I still torture them with pulled beef every once in a while. 

Yeah Charles, you've got Susan at a disadvantage right now, so she pretty much has to eat whatever you cook - LOL! 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Shuley said:

I love pulled beef and yours looks delicious

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'll trade pulled beef for rack of lamb any day.

18 hours ago, HalfSmoke said:

Haven't done pulled beef in awhile. Looking at yours has me thinking I need to fix that. 

I haven't done it in a while either.  The sale was the inspiration. 

14 hours ago, ckreef said:

Great looking pulled beef. I love pulled beef. Mrs skreef and my son not so much. Oh well I still torture them with pulled beef every once in a while. 

Life is good when eating pulled beef is a torture, maybe it just needs a special sauce/gravy.

The last time I cooked a chuck roll, I did it Franklin style. Wrapped in paper when it hit 165º then finished it at 203º. It's painful to admit I liked it better than an excellent brisket. The texture and fat content are a perfect blend of the point and the flat of a brisket. Pulled beef is the tops. But this is Texas and I'm still doing briskets...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EGGARY said:

Your Pulled Beef looks good and I bet it would be good on a hard Roll with Cole Slaw.  Here is an idea I picked up from  a video I saw, add a Dark Beer like Guiness Stout into the pan.  It is all good.

Thanks.

I've used dark Guiness and it tastes delicious too. The wine gives it a slightly stronger flavor. The next time I make pulled beef it will be with the stout for a nice change.