Shuley

Rack of lamb

So the other day I posted a question about how I was going to cook rack of lamb. It turned out very very well. I based my cook on an APL recipe, after getting advice from Andyscalso (I think I spelled that correctly, from kamado guru) I decided to omit the chili powder all together. I also tweaked it a little based on my tastes. 662c6e555eb4a126afa95deb5f178970.jpg80d5beac3bfea1a7cabbd6b9ac07e68e.jpgcd5b5d30e10e81a1cc42e27b4fe6dd10.jpg3d7188586e1b5541de1e7f4ed8fcc792.jpgdc6bc448a039583008a42c8824f4e701.jpg2ca78e5321c90153e3929dccd0a691f5.jpg

The lamb was so good... I ate four of these pieces..... then again I had ran 6 miles earlier and they took longer than I thought so I was starving!!!! Still... is there nothing that is not vastly improved by kamado cooking? I feel that the light smoke profile complimented the lamb perfectly.

• Like 1

Shuley, after a 6 miles run you deserve all the rewards that you can eat and those goodies are perfect.  :smt023 :smt023

Hahaha yeah I am trying to get back into running distances (I ran a marathon about 4 years ago and a half about 3 years ago but after I sprained my ankle and had to be in an air cast for over a month any time I try to pick it back up I end up hurting myself) and any time I run I feel like I end up eating so much I negate the calories burned lol.

Great rack of lamb cook. Cooked perfectly for me. The  last restaurant where I had lamb should take lessons from you. 

Hahaha thank you. Maybe it's like how some restaurants try to serve duck well done?? I get that everyone has their preferences but over cooked meat when that isn't what you like is just not good.
  • Like 1

On 11/23/2016 at 0:28 AM, Shuley said:

Hahaha thank you. Maybe it's like how some restaurants try to serve duck well done?? I get that everyone has their preferences but over cooked meat when that isn't what you like is just not good.

I think I could only eat duck done.. It's such a greasey meat.