beermachine

I hope a KK is in my future

23 minutes ago, beermachine said:

Thanks all. Some good suggestions there. I like the technique where you talk up a more expensive model and then step back to a smaller one to make it seem like a deal! Lying about the price is also good!!  This will be a work in progress for a while! :)

That's what I said too. When I first signed on here -- July I think it was -- I figured it would take until next Spring to get my first KK. Took delivery in August. Like @cschaaf, I don't really spend money on myself other than cooking gear, so wife came around pretty quickly once she realized that was the truth. Once she uttered the immortal words, "you deserve it," I had my order in within 24 hours! :smt023

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, beermachine said:

Thanks all. Some good suggestions there. I like the technique where you talk up a more expensive model and then step back to a smaller one to make it seem like a deal! Lying about the price is also good!!  This will be a work in progress for a while! :)

The opposite approach might work, too. Find a Craigslist deal for a rusted out stickburner and say you are giving the guy a call 

• Like 1

On 11/24/2016 at 5:05 PM, bosco said:

Looks like the PM I sent you over there worked!

welcome aboard... I could tell by your post recently that you were leaning towards this.  The best advice to give you is that you can let your wife honestly know that this is the very last cooker that you will purchase.  

It is the very best and the highest quality.  You will be blown away by its ability and superiority over other Kamados.  That is not hype... that is the truth.  

It is only a matter of time now to be honest. You have the KK flu and I give you a short time now before you purchase.  Take advantage of either the Black Friday or the discontinued 22 sale.  

Welcome to the forum this is a great group

Thanks mate, happy to join you fine folks over here. Thanks for the invite! At some point I will make the purchase. I know how amazing these KK's are. I am surprised how heavy they are. There is no way I'd be able to get that on my deck and I am not sure my deck would handle the weight!

Like bosco said mate when I got mine the cost of it disappeared. It's a stunning work of art that leaves my Kj for dead. The food comes out so much better no joke. It's amazing . I heard all this before I got mine and thought yeah yeah blah blah but it's fair dinkum. I hope you get to realize this for yourself

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 2