EGGARY

Happy

HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE HERE AND YOUR FAMILIES !

Now I need to vent.  This is not KK related and I feel this is the safest place to do this as my Brother-in-Law won't be able to see this.  For the past 17 years my Brother-in-Law has been doing Thanksgiving at 12pm and for G-d's Sake that is way too early.  No time to relax but after, like we "hang" after eating.   My idea of Thanksgiving is having people come over around 2-3pm, have appetizers and drinks, and eat around 5-5:30.  My B-I-L deep fries the turkey, so if that were the case standing around the Fryer with a beer and talking.   I just hate it but it is what it is.  Luckily we were invited to a friend's Thanksgiving and they do it at 5:00pm.

Now if any of you do it at 12pm, G-d love you.

Thank you for letting me vent.  Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Growing up, my grandmother always did thanksgiving at noon. 

She knew most of her kids had to also go to their in-laws to have Thanksgiving dinner. 

We only ever had one place to go, my dad'a family wasn't local, but that just meant we ate twice at grandmas. ;)

I'm no longer close to extended family, and neither is my wife, so we do a mid afternoon meal. Works for us, but I do miss the noon meal ;) 

Happy Thanksgiving. Make the best of whatever situation you find yourself in today. 

Happy Happier Happiest Thanksgiving to ALL KK forum members!!!    Family arrived yesterday safe and sound.  The dry salt brined bird is now in our KK getting kissed by coco & coffee char with a little apple wood just for another wood dimension.   Stuffing is in the Anova and then potatoes will get their turn in the water bath ... a first here this year for this style prep.