Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sharon

First turkey on the KK

1. Happy turkey day to all!  IMG_0372.JPGIMG_0379.JPGIMG_0373.JPGIMG_0372.JPGIMG_0370.JPGToo chicken (pun indented) to try the rotisserie for turkey given my adventures earlier this week.  Maybe next time.  Still have another 12 1/2 lb in the freezer.  After much debate decided to go with traditional turkey in a foil wrapped roaster and rack.  While beautiful, juicy, and decilcous, didn't have much of the smokey flavor we love.  Next time indirect on the main grill with a diffuser underneath or rotisserie. 

Meal was complete with fluffy mashed potatoes, sausage potato and bread stuffing cooked on the side, roasted cauliflower, and homemade cranberry Apple and orange sauce.  Of course there was wine for all.  

IMG_0376.JPG

• Like 2

Thanks Mackenzie!  Coming from you it's a huge compliment.  I will post my cranberry sauce recipe on the recipe part of the forum.  I suspect that you'll enjoy the fact that it's done in the PC.  Easy peasy!

Fantasitic, Sharon. :) I did a winter squash in the pc today, 5 mins. and it was wonderful. I'm taking it to a family gathering tomorrow.

The turkey looks great. Even if it was missing some of the smoky taste, I'm sure it was better then being cooked in the oven.

Did 2 Turkeys for my first attempt with the KK.  I had about 26 people over and the overwhelming comment was that this was the best Turkey they had ever tasted.  I followed the Pit Boy's recipe from this video.  Attached a few pictures of the outcome too.  Stellar success.

TwoTurkeys.jpg

MyPit.jpg