ckreef

1st Real Test - New Camera

5 minutes ago, DennisLinkletter said:

Your camera lets you bracket too.. One shot saves one step up and one down.  Once in your computer you can choose which you like.

I have one of these and they are awesome to see better and in the sun..  LCD 3 inch diopter viewfinder screen magnifier 

https://www.google.co.id/search?q=LCD+3+inch+diopter+viewfinder+screen+magnifier+for+Sony+A6000&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwia8feH6dDQAhUHu48KHY-2CSYQ_AUICCgB&biw=1283&bih=780&dpr=2

I figured out the exposure bracket shots last night. A very kewl function. 

Not sure if I'll ever need a differ view finder. This camera probably won't ever leave the house. If I go somewhere I'll take my point and shoot which does a good job and has served me well for a few years now. 

14 minutes ago, ckreef said:

I figured out the exposure bracket shots last night. A very kewl function. 

Not sure if I'll ever need a differ view finder. This camera probably won't ever leave the house. If I go somewhere I'll take my point and shoot which does a good job and has served me well for a few years now. 

It's not different.. it's just magnified 3 X   My eyes are not what they used to be and three times bigger is just what I need for focus LOL.

• Like 1

Always get the best photo possible in camera so you have the least work in post... I HATE post processing. For food photos put the camera on a tripod. Try using aperture priority, and try a few different apertures to get the depth of focus you like. Most cameras have a function to get the white balance correct by taking a test photo of a white object. If you don't know what this is, it's easy to learn it in less that 30 minutes. Don't use direct flash. If you can get the right light with the sun and/or the room lighting so much the better. If you need to flash, try bouncing it off the ceiling or maybe a wall. There are tons of other tips, these are just a few quick ones.

• Like 1

Last night I was trying out a few different food photography ideas. Some worked,  some did not,  but either way a decent test. 

Dinner was vegetable less stir fry - oops we thought we had stir fry veggies in the freezer. We did not and it was getting late so I wasn't going out to the store. 

A couple of different angles. 

NMb.jpg

NMa.jpg

• Like 2

Last night's dinner was a chicken dish. I got the recipe off of the back of a Stove Top Stuffing box (chicken). It was a really easy and tasty dish. Will definitely make it again (with a couple Bistro Tweaks). Will post as a full cook thread when I do. 

SCa.jpg

For the camera test the overall composition was a decent idea but the  execution was lacking. Will try this again. I do need to get some more backgrounds and dish ware probably this weekend. 

SCb.jpg

4 hours ago, Aussie Ora said:

Love that plate

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Me too. Only have that one small plate. Going to go back and get the full size plate and bowl that matches. They also make a blue version I want to get. 

Funny I buy nice plates to take pictures with and eat on crappy plates - LOL 

Before grilling  cocktail. Of course I had to test out the picture first so I made a test cocktail using my 3 oz Bistro shot glass. It took 3 tests before I was ready to pour the drink and take the picture. Needless to say I had a nice buzz by the time the picture was done and I fired up the KK's - LOL

WRa.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MacKenzie said:

One to go please.:)

Not a problem but you have to take it in a red solo cup - LOL 

Tonight's dinner. White wine lobster scampi, peach brandy sizzle corn, mashed sweet potatoes and Key lime flat iron steak. I switched lens to the standard  16-50 mm that came with the camera. It does a bit better job on the large farther out shots. I should have had it a few f stops higher. The picture towards the side could have been a little more in focus. 

The focus and white balance of the picture could have been better but the meal was killer. 

SandTa.jpg

1 hour ago, MacKenzie said:

You sure are having lots of fun with that camera and great eating on the side, a win win. :) 

I will say last night's dinner was one that blew my own socks off. Fantastic flavors all around. Everything was done perfectly and everything was done at the same time. These are the meals I strive for but only occasionally achieve.

P. S.  Getting that before dinner cocktail just right was a lot of fun. 

9 minutes ago, mguerra said:

What lighting?

Ordered a set of 3 softboxes. Each one is 24" x 24" on a tripod with 4 x 45watt daylight bulbs. Each pair of two bulbs has a separate on/off switch. 

2 of these will be for my picture taking station. The third I can move into the kitchen for my prep pictures.