tony b

Hurray, Some Good News

Newspaper this morning announced that we are FINALLY getting a Trader Joe's in this area. :smt041 It will actually be down in Coralville, where the CostCo is, so a short 25 minute drive for me! So, in celebration, plus to take advantage of one of our probably last nice fall days (50F today and sunny), I did some lamb kabobs for dinner, with Trader Joe's Burgundy Pepper Lamb Tips. 

001.JPG

Skewered with some slices of onion and onto the KK, direct, @ 350F, with a chunk of apple wood.

004.JPG

Done.

005.JPG

Looking yummy!

009a.jpg

Plated with some nice Greek roasted potatoes, a nice green salad and because it's that time of year - a bottle of Beaujolais Nouveau!

010.JPG

The stars of the show.

012.JPG

For all ya'll out there that don't have a Trader Joe's near you, hears hoping that 2017 will bring good news for you! 

Edited by tony b
  • Like 3

20 hours ago, ckreef said:

Nearest Trader Joe's to me is 2+ hours. I've never been there. 

The closest one to me, until ours opens next year, is 150 miles over in W. Des Moines. Fortunately, there's one about a 1/2 mile from my sister-in-laws in Bloomington, MN, so I hit that one up every visit. I load up - several cases of 3-Buck-Chuck (their house wine label - Charles Shaw - $35.88/case), and a cooler full of their pre-marinated meats, like the lamb tips. Other favs - Santa Maria style tri-tip and Carne Asada. I'm like a kid in a candy store when I'm there. 

Sounds like someone needs to make a road trip, Charles! :evil4:

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments!

Bosco and  Tony #2 - If I recall, those skewers came from Williams Sonoma many years ago. I was tired of the normal ones with the wooden handles that burned up and split open or just a simple loop at the end for a handle. I even went so far as to have the blacksmiths down in the Amana Colonies make me up some and a vertical rack to do churrascaria.  

Amana skewers.jpg

Amana Rack.JPG

And yes, that's my old POSK #7 in this picture. I couldn't find any pics where I used this rack on the KK??

• Like 1