Turtle

A Tribute to the original Black Volcanic--Larry

We're tryin to calm you down, not put you out! No pain tabs in the home brew. You SAW how goofy they made Deej, din't you? We cannot have that happen to you, too! Makes for bad cycle riding. And that wouldn't do at all... In fact, if you are gonna ride, you can have home brewed ginger beer!

Turtle,

The weber group has a nice write-up about ribs:

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/ribselect1.html

There is a link at the bottom of the page that will walk you through how to trim them.

Thanks Firemonkey for the link. Great info and pics to explain the cuts. The ones I picked up at Costco were loin back. They were a little more expensive but I had no idea how to cut up the other ones. I have a new project!

turtle - 3 bucks/lb. for babybacks is a good price! i've been trimming cryovac'd spares so long, it's worth it to buy them that way and put in a few minutes at the cutting board. plus, my favorite is the rib tips; the actual ribs come in a close second.

i have also cooked them untrimmed, ie tips intact. they cook way better trimmed down st. louis style.

as far as the guru goes, to each their own! you should give a guru-less low and slow cook a try tho, just to assure yourself it can be done easily, just in case the guru malfunctions.

oh, and RAH, BLACK VOLCANIC RULES!! :smt023

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.