Aussie Ora

Ckreef and skreef strike again

Got a nice surprise from Charles and Susan today can't wait to try fried green tomatoes. I personally have never heard of them and if the shop tried to sell me a green tomato I would say I need it for my salad today not next week lolb49c56cf036568668dd2110ee4355a08.jpge263fcfdeb599578850d553459c02d8c.jpge3905a4fbd82e65a6acac7dbbdf9c21f.jpgand a special Chrissy present which I will open on Christmas day 3a8e5312466b5e1f277fd9a44a7b5a04.jpgEverything looks tasty Cheers Charles and Susan. Ps lookout for your postie

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Whistle Stop is the best fried green tomato batter I've used. Sort of hard to find. Should be enough in that box for 2 cooks.  Mix with water until the consistency of a thin milkshake. 

We had the present and Whistle Stop gathered up. Wanted to add a few other items but then Mrs skreef's accident happened so I had to punt with some easier items to locate. We do like the grill mates packets. They make for fast, easy and tasty cooks. 

Anyway enjoy. Can't wait to get your package we are really enjoying the last one we received. 

P.S. The Steakhouse Mushroom is really strong stuff. That packet is good for 2-3 lbs ground beef. 

I sent the ckreefs lol a native Australian package today and I wanted to wrap it good because last time one of the jars of rub was broken I had originally put this packet in the box then I changed my mind and wrapped everything a bit more and it got lost in the grill mates that ckreef sent me e51713f16be85c8ed595421467ca16d0.jpgbut it's coming your way mate special delivery. And a mystery surprise if the manufacturer gets back to me

1 hour ago, Aussie Ora said:

Really appreciate it mate. I'm actually looking forward to trying the green tomatoes but then started thinking where to get some lol. Might have to grow my own.

The big thing is they need to be really green.  If they started to turn yellow they are over ripe for fried green tomatoes. I figured with Australia coming into summer somebody should have a few green tomatoes you can grab. 

• Like 1

Hey ckreef sent you the Prairie dust and a little extra today I know you wanted some pepper but because of the shortage it's non existing but I have tried this and I think you will like it. http://www.mccormick.com.au/Products/Herbs-Spices/Seasonings-and-Blends/McCormick-Bush-Spices-with-Mountain-Pepper

Well, Santa took some extra time Down Under to enjoy the nice summer weather, but on his way back to the North Pole, he dropped off this nice package on my doorstep today.

001.JPG

Can't wait to try them all. BTW - the Native Pepper seasoning package was a nice "gift" in the box. Top notch folks. 

Hey, Charles and Aussie, any good jump start ideas on where to start?

• Like 1

I really love experiencing new rubs and flavours and I'm really stoked to be able to have some native natural spices that are grown in my own backyard that add a great flavour to my cooks .with sending these to ckreef and skreef .and now tony wanting to try them I was wondering what's in your backyard that you might be able to source locally .I came across this site. https://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/ethnobotany/food/spices.shtmlmukrut lime stood out

Outback Kamado Bar and Grill