FotonDrv

The Bear Cometh!

Today was the big move.  2 big people to lift the dome off the rolling piano dolly and myself to roll the BB32 off its pallet, across the garage and through the doorway onto a landing and lower it to the patio.  Right at the very end of the ramp I needed a hand to put a small shim board under the leading wheels so the stainless foot trim did not hit the cement patio.  A large friendly neighbor easily lifted the 2 leading legs far enough to slip a piece of plywood under those 2 wheels for the last 6 inches of roll.  Worked like a charm!  He was a Pro NFL Defensive End, I think, for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and then the Sea Hawks so he is big and strong and the best part a real nice guy!!  A second neighbor showed up to lift the dome and it was done.

I used the BB32 pallet and cut it to fit onto the piano dolly and screwed it in place.

Still have not found Roti motor brackets.

I hope to start the burn-in tomorrow afternoon.  Got to go to a gunshow tomorrow to sell things to help pay this bill :-)

IMG_2730.jpeg

IMG_2731.jpeg

IMG_2732.JPG

IMG_2733.JPG

IMG_2734.JPG

IMG_1173.JPG

IMG_2736.JPG

IMG_2734.JPG

IMG_2735.JPG

IMG_1174.JPG

IMG_2737.JPG

IMG_2739.JPG

IMG_2742.JPG

IMG_1172.JPG

PC020146.JPG

PC020150.JPG

PC020152.JPG

Edited by FotonDrv
added text spelling
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, dstr8 said:

Nice job Stephen!    So inquisitive minds want to know:  What are you going to cook on your KK for your big SeaHawks buddy?!   And of course your other helpers :)

Have not figured out that recipe yet but you can bet it will have some good Asian seasoning :-)  My wife does not function without fish sauce.  Funny story, she went camping with her late husband and told her friends to meet them and a certain campground, but failed to mention which camp site.  So, as a flag to bring attention to which site they were in she hung a bottle of fish sauce from a limb in the parking area!  Pretty ingenious and apparently no bears in the eare :-)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ckreef said:

Great story, great pictures. Seems like you owe a few people a major feast - just sayin ..... 

The ramp down the stairs looks much scarier than you described. 

Yes, Renard Williams, our big football friend, will be at the head of the table.  He was a definite help and when the other neighbor showed up, once the BB32 was on the patio, we all lifted the dome in place.  All in all a good day, LONG DAY but a good one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bosco said:

wow you don't mess around!  congrats on the setup.... now get cooking

I have lifted houses, I have moved house sideways after a truck  moving the house dropped it off its foundation, I have owned bulldozers and drove tanks and heavy tracked armored vehicles in the military, worked in the woods skidding logs, top and fall trees, etc.  This was just another puzzle, but at 70yrs young and needing a cane from time to time this did take the wind out of me.  If you can tie things onto vehicles like these and not have stuff fall off going through the woods or in combat in a jungle then lowering a KK down a flight of stairs just takes thought and a modicum of energy for a young man.  For me it took a wee bit more energy :-)

fullsizeoutput_263.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_23b.jpeg

Thanks Aussie, it was the only way to get it to the location since I could not get 4 guys the size of my neighbor on that stairway or through the gate and down the narrow path and then up a few steps to get to the same location.

I had a friend put himself through college doing landscaping and earth moving.  He took a bobcat apart and carried all the pieces through the customers home to dig a swimming pool in their backyard and then reverse the process to take the bobcat to his next job.  He is a really smart fellow and if he could have done it another way he would have.  He too is a rancher who likes puzzles :-)

• Like 2

What I have learned in life their is always a way I have my plant operators ticket have operated heavy machinery. And used to drive a truck from Perth to Melbourne I excelled on the grader though as a final trimmer.. My mate owns a concrete pump which he has taught me how to use. I'm just happy to meet you and learn from your experience forget about your age it's the person that you are

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

I swear I seen space ships on th nullabor lol

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

Wouldn't surprise me, when you think of all those stars we surely cannot be alone, not to mention that the largest part of our planet is hidden underwater!

• Like 1