Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Komodo Kamado

Register now to gain access to all of our features, ask queries, discuss and lot's more!

Click here to Register!

FotonDrv

The Bear Cometh!

56 posts in this topic

Mate driving across my country was the most remarkable thing I have ever done when you get to the middle of Australia it's so clear no lights just stars it's an awesome experience. The sky just lights up its amazing no light pollution not anything just pure sky pure stars

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

54 minutes ago, Aussie Ora said:

Mate driving across my country was the most remarkable thing I have ever done when you get to the middle of Australia it's so clear no lights just stars it's an awesome experience. The sky just lights up its amazing no light pollution not anything just pure sky pure stars

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

That must be spectacular with zero light pollution!  Those are the parts of the planet that fascinate me, not the crowded cities.

Seriously well executed. Glad the move went off without incident. Can't wait to see that first virgin cook! I bet your Seahawks buddy could polish off a whole pork butt by himself! 

Brings back memories of moving mine from the garage, up a similar flight of steps on a ramp to the living room, rolling it across the floor and out onto the deck. Instead of the chain-fall and come-alongs, we just used refrigerator moving straps and 5 burly guys (OK, 4 burly guys and fatboy me - LOL!)

Tony, you are absolutely correct, he is a big boy at about 6'4" and 300 LB so a whole port butt would be within range.

I could not have gotten all those people into the space, but those refig straps are pretty nice, as long as everyone is in since :-)

Late to the party...................but very impressive move.  Looks great on the patio.  Now go have some fun and cook up a bunch of good food!!!!!  

1 person likes this

Thanks Jon B :-) I grilled some steaks last night on the lower grill and some longer cooking ribs on the 1/2 upper grill.  The system is truly awesome, and that is a word I do not use often.

1 person likes this

Glad to see your BB made it to it's final resting place.  I was out on both Friday night and Saturday night but did not see any calls from you so figured you had it handled. Congrats! 

1 person likes this

Thanks Dennis!  "Final resting place" is almost true, the KK has wheels that allow for little old disabled me to push it around the patio by myself.  So far I have moved it once and there mat be another move in the near future.  Trying different locations for wind and aesthetic reasons.

Thanks for making such a nice machine Dennis.

IMG_2755.JPG

IMG_2760.JPG

IMG_2763.JPG

IMG_2764.JPG

IMG_2765.JPG

Edited by FotonDrv
adding text
2 people like this

Beautiful, FotonDrv. :tongue8::tongue8:

1 person likes this

Looking real good food looks good too! 

1 person likes this

Nice job with the rigging, @FotonDrv! Congrats on getting your KK to it's home and congrats on the first cook!

Thanks for the pics as well!

1 person likes this

Thanks BillG71, it was an adventure moving it but the photos show how really east it was with a few simple tools, with the exception of the forklift which was overkill.  I am a believer in overkill rather than the opposite and something breaking and causing a disaster :-)

Some engineering and thought went into that backyard move. 

Its nice to see some terrific food coming off your KK.

Thank you Tony :-)  The next step is a method of storing the grills, stones, charcoal and smoking woods.  I have a plan but who knows when it will happen.  Our clothes dryer died yesterday and that means the washing machine is not far behind, they both are 22 years old so I figure they have lasted long enough and time to find new ones.  The fun never stops ...

"The Money Pit", a good movie and since rehabbing this 100 year old home I can honestly say we are living in the same sort of pit, except it is a waterfront home and the value of the land will not likely fall apart :-)