Aussie Ora

Christmas party's

Now that is a way to keep a party private and make all the noise you want, but the parking valet would need a skippers license.  Very cool, I am envious!

We just introduced skippers license not long ago. If I'm correct maybe 3 years ago before that you could cruise along and it's still legal to drink on board

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Here there are different ratings of license depending on the tonnage of the vessel you are piloting.  The more crowded the harbor the more the authorities check for licenses.

They just brought in the recreational skippers license here. http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/imarine/recreational-skippers-ticket.asp. But you always had to obtain your commercial license through tafe I have my masters 4 ticket. .http://www.challenger.wa.edu.au/courses-tafe/maritime-aquaculture-marine-studies/Pages/default.aspx#.WELB-ujmjMIit's good to see them regulating small boats because there have been so many accidents

It all strikes me as yet another contributing factor to the phrase, "I am from the government and I am here to help" :shock:.  I can see it makes sense in the area where small boats abound.

My good friend and a few mates would take his fathers converted commercial tugboat out for parties in the now clear of gear fantail.  BBQ, chaise lounges, refrig stocked with beverages and a few fishing poles for good measure just in case we got bored.  It was a late WW2 50ft tug completely refitted for luxury, and it idled at 6 knots with a harbor speed limit of 5 knots.  The authorities knew it and figured that when small rental sailboats tacked across its bow they better get out of the way since the tug was to heavy to stop quickly or maneuver quickly, which was the whole point of the tugboat.  Nice and slow and leisurely, but it never failed that some wingnut would challenge the big old girl and get hit before we could bring the tug to a halt.  The Coast Guard/Harbor Dept would show up and always have to explain to then little craft that "they just stepped off the curb in front of a bus, why did you do that?".  They definitely needed some sort of license, especially when they would not pay attention to the ships horn!

• Like 1

On 12/2/2016 at 7:08 AM, Aussie Ora said:

Was out and about today a spotted all these boats moored together I think they had a barge behind them all I could hear was AC/DC being played really loud and heaps of cheering lol753d5b5869b693bb24329dd1d7b41827.jpg

Hmmm, I figured everywhere you went in Australia you could hear AC/DC blaring. ;) I figured the birds even whistled Back In Black.

• Like 3